Union Politics - I love TDU

hyena

I know its going against status quo but TDU has done nothing but inform us. Can we get some love? I appreciate all responses even if they go against what I believe. Its called be opened minded people. Thanx to all who participate in advance.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do appreciate TDU for information I couldn't have gotten elsewhere. However, they clearly have an agenda. So does the IBT rank and file. Both sides seem to be typical politicians... you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I don't identify myself by who I voted for in the last election. Union members throughout history have been able to accomplish more for the American workforce than any unchecked politician ever would have, because they were informed and tenacious. Knowledge IS power.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TDU built up a bad reputation over the years with its candidates they fronted to the members, and the criticism was warranted, however, they have provided some valuable information on their website over those same years that cannot be questioned.

In some cases, they have been first to provide valuable information to the members before the IBT or Locals have.

However, with this contract negotiation, the portion of the membership who are not rolled up with the current administration will take a second look at TDU for the next election cycle.

The same parrots can continue to name call the group all they want, but that will not have any effect on the consideration.

The membership now knows what the "status" quo has gotten them in the last two contracts, and why wait for a third?

Concessions is NEVER a strong suit. Losing our healthcare benefits to an inferior plan costing us thousands of dollars will be the backbreaker for Both Hoffa and Hall.

They will be no way for Hoffa/Hall to overcome this fact. Its almost an automatic 140K votes against them next time around.

Hoffa better seriously consider retiring as he is indicating privately.

Peace

TOS

brown_trousers

I doubt TDU would even still exist if it werent for the negligent lack of communication from our teamster leaders. They guard information like the CIA, only informing us of events long after it is relevent

stink219

TDU had a place in the late 70's. Now they are the National Enquirer of union information. There is not one positive piece that comes from them. They realized that they can make a lot of money off of the fears of the weak and timid. The ones that "love" TDU, apparently hate our union. And that doesn't sit well with me.

cynic

I have to say I do appreciate the information that TDU's site publishes. Love or hate their message, they have provided far more communication than either the national or locals have - and I attend our local's meetings. The IBT is, IMO, their own "enemy" when it comes to communicating frequently to the membership. People appreciate updates - even if the update is "we have no further information to provide you since our last update". It's lets them/us know someone is minding the shop.

cynic

Wait, maybe that explains the UPS expansion in China? Is IBT to follow?

They could always blame such limited updates to members on the "Great Firewall of China" - but TDU beware - you'd be jailed as dissidents.

Inquiring minds want to know!!!