Union Politics - The local 25 Boston bullies are in the news again!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We don't take people that scabed in a strike. Sorry.
This post by you started the interchange after I mentioned running for President of the IBT (another obvious attempt at humor).

With your original post that caused me to give his bio. Go back and Reread it.
I did and this was the post you quoted.

But I worked in a real teamster job ... that's more than Jimmy H Jr.
Where have I disparaged Jimmy H Jr?
I actually did not know he did manual work as a Teamster ... still not too sure.
And as usual, you spun an obvious attempt at humor into an attack.
To which you replied:
With your original post that caused me to give his bio. Go back and Reread it.
I did go back and read it and all I said was, "But I worked in a real teamster job ... that's more than Jimmy H Jr."

An obvious attempt at humor which you spun as if it was true and disparaging.
And even if I did not say it in jest, it's still not disparaging.
Like I said, you don't even know anymore if you are spinning and or speaking the truth.

I hope you are not like this in your Teamster management position.
You'll be back driving full-time if you do this spin on every truth you don't like in your Teamster management job.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Doubt it. You just hate teamsters. You were corporate after all. Their spy all along.
I certainly don't don't hate Teamsters. It is the Teamster negotiated wages, pension and healthcare that I enjoy now as a management retiree. UPS would not give those to management unless the drivers enjoyed them.
I do hate thugs and people others that try and squash open discussions of ideas.

Corporate UPS really likes and supports Jimmy Hohofboy Jr.
He is a rational person with a good understanding of the Global economy and the US American business climate.
Unlike his predecessor whom you seem to emulate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
a peanut waffle

He was even able to make Gerry Ford look good.
Not even Jammy could make Ford look good.
Ford was an OK guy but in the situation he inherited, no one could look good.

OK ... even though I voted for Jammy the first time around, I became disenchanted with the continued failures of his administration.
He was a true outsider that could not even get along with his own Democratic House and Senate.
Reagan go along with them better than Jammy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What ?

Your statement, is the definitive description.... of an oxymoron.

-Bug-
I understand why you would say that but from an objective viewer your Teamster job position is much like a UPS management position.

You can continue to believe what you believe since it helps to motivate you in your Teamster job to do what upper Teamster management tells you to do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not even Jammy could make Ford look good.
Ford was an OK guy but in the situation he inherited, no one could look good.

OK ... even though I voted for Jammy the first time around, I became disenchanted with the continued failures of his administration.
He was a true outsider that could not even get along with his own Democratic House and Senate.
Reagan go along with them better than Jammy.

Ford was the nice guy with absolutely no charisma. He didn't make many mistakes but did little to be remembered for either.

(only thing worse than a guy from Georgia is one from Michigan)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe, some gratitude is in order.

-Bug-

I have expressed my gratitude to the Teamster's Union many times and I mean that sincerely.
Management would not get the compensation they make except for the efforts of the Teamsters.
I have said that many times.

I like and respect Jimmy Jr. myself but there is a concerted effort of this site to censor and squash free discussion related to the Teamster Union. As an American, I find that repulsive and disconcerting.
I am disconcerted.

There is a member on here trying to shut down Brown Cafe because other members are allowed to openly discuss Teamster issues.
(Try typing in Hoffa and see the results ... that is a result of extortion)

That is repulsive to me as an American.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ford was the nice guy with absolutely no charisma. He didn't make many mistakes but did little to be remembered for either.

(only thing worse than a guy from Georgia is one from Michigan)
But think of all the comical material he supplied with his constant tumbling .
The man was always falling down .

wreckingball251

I was under the impression that we were all TEAMSTERS Here... We preach about brotherhood/sisterhood, being united, and all that good stuff. But yet when another Teamster has a public issue good, bad, or indifferent we forget that we are all brothers/sisters. We thrive on others mistakes, (whatever they maybe) its like your waiting in the wings to pounce. The justice system will handle this for L25 We were not there, We have no idea what really happen, what we do is accuse before a fair trial. These people have families, children that will suffer the aftermath, They are not Thugs, thier crime is, they tried to get work for members, members that needed a pay check as you and I get everyweek my understanding is, this industy is tuff for work so: non- union people were doing union work. Now, if all that is written is true (newspapers) then im sure there was a different way of going about it. Im not saying they are innocent here, but Im not going to accuse and call names of men Ive never met. We have a job as a Teamster member to stand united..As an officer they stand for US. If thier crime is standing for union jobs to be worked by union members and you still want to pounce then reevaluate yourself as a Teamster!!!