Union Politics - The local 25 Boston bullies are in the news again!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thanks.
Unless I want to be the president of the IBT, then all bets off.
Not a possibility.
Instead of sitting home crapping your pants and banging on your keyboard for the last 2 years, you would have had to be working in a Teamster shop and paying monthly dues without interuption.
Maybe in your next life.

But I worked in a real teamster job ... that's more than H.

It's scabbed BTW.
You have no clue about being a teamster. You have no clue about Jimmy. Here is a bio. His dad was the arguly the greatest labor leader ever. He controlled America. His son became a lawyer. Would you expect him to be a dock worker for 29 years? You have no clue.
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER

1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.

1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.

1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.

1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base there you go sparky.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You would know ... you were a scab. You can spell it anyway you want. You were one in 97.
And a very responsible UPS management employee in '97.
That was the strike about nothing wasn't it.
So much good has come out of that for the Teamsters ... well at least the IBT since it drove a wedge between UPS and it's Union employees.
That is the number one goal of Union management ... to separate the loyalty from the company and attach it to themselves.
I'm sure you do a good job as a Teamster management employee.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
@Photog you aren't half the man Jimmy is. He's in charge of the greatest Union for 18 plus years. You haven't a clue.
I think I have a clue.
I don't think I have accomplished close to half of what Jimmy Hoffa Sr or Jr. did or has.
You are more of a Carey-type-Teamster so I am a bit surprised you appear to hold Junior in high esteem.

And a very responsible UPS management employee in '97.
That was the strike about nothing wasn't it.
So much good has come out of that for the Teamsters ... well at least the IBT since it drove a wedge between UPS and it's Union employees.
That is the number one goal of Union management ... to separate the loyalty from the company and attach it to themselves.
I'm sure you do a good job as a Teamster management employee.
Full time jobs and wages that are so superior that management pays for their healthcare pays to smoke now and doesn't offer pensions to new management. I think we stuck the nail in your coffin and not you are going to cry and say we got nothing. That's just the tip of the iceberg Hoak. The best contract in ups history. We brought your precious company to their knees. Treated ups like a biaioutch. You my unfriend are just a sore loser. Keep typing on your keyboard.

I think I have a clue.
I don't think I have accomplished close to half of what Jimmy H Sr or Jr. did or has.
You are more of a Carey-type-Teamster so I am a bit surprised you appear to hold Junior in high esteem.
I got juniors back any day of the week. Hall is a brother as well. She me one wants some I'm ready.

I don't even think I have accomplished any where close to half that Jimmy Jr has.
Certainly not Sr.
Yea and you talked poop about them. Hypocritical to say the least. You are trolling now. Don't forget I offered to meet you in Atlanta a couple weeks back. I'm the same man in real life as I am here.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Full time jobs and wages that are so superior that management pays for their healthcare pays to smoke now and doesn't offer pensions to new management. I think we stuck the nail in your coffin and not you are going to cry and say we got nothing. That's just the tip of the iceberg Hoak. The best contract in ups history. We brought your precious company to their knees. Treated ups like a biaioutch. You my unfriend are just a sore loser. Keep typing on your keyboard.
I may be a loser but not regarding the 97 strike.
I kept my positional pay but lost 90% of my responsibilities.
I went from traveling 200 plus days a year to 4 or 5 days a year.
I got to sit around my cubicle banging on my keyboard all day ... great gig.
The 97 strike was a wanderlust for me personally,
But if your beliefs make you feel better, I am all for it.

PS - ... pays for their healthcare, pays to smoke now and doesn't offer pensions to new ...
That's UPS Teamsters' fate in the future ... hopefully out a few years but it is an eventuality.

Last edited: