union rep

Minton

Do I have a choice of who I choose as my union rep when I receive write ups? I recently got one for missing a day of work outside of my days..it was deserved I know I was out of days. while the sup was talking to me I just listened and nodded my head..i wasn't angry it was what it was. anyways the rep was yelling in my face and when I asked to have someone else I was told I didn't have a choice, it felt like she was on the sups side and not mine at all . I know there isn't any defending my absence but I surely didn't deserve to be treated like a dog and then I was forced to sign by her after I rts'd because I didn't like her attitude towards me. It was like she wanted me to get mad and make the situation worse..then after walking away the sup said thank you to her and she walks up and literally gets in my face and yells back to him, anytime! ill deal with this one anytime like trying to get me intimidated..anyways if I happen to ever get another write up and im sure I will bcuz im human do I have to use her or do I have a choice? or do I need a rep at all ? can I decline having anyone represent me?

Minton

You always want someone to represent you. Do you have an alternate steward?
yes I have someone that I like and trust . But when I mentioned to that other rep that day that I wanted to use someone else she told me I didn't have a choice but she is also known not to play fair so idk what is true or not.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Do I have a choice of who I choose as my union rep when I receive write ups? I recently got one for missing a day of work outside of my days..it was deserved I know I was out of days. while the sup was talking to me I just listened and nodded my head..i wasn't angry it was what it was. anyways the rep was yelling in my face and when I asked to have someone else I was told I didn't have a choice, it felt like she was on the sups side and not mine at all . I know there isn't any defending my absence but I surely didn't deserve to be treated like a dog and then I was forced to sign by her after I rts'd because I didn't like her attitude towards me. It was like she wanted me to get mad and make the situation worse..then after walking away the sup said thank you to her and she walks up and literally gets in my face and yells back to him, anytime! ill deal with this one anytime like trying to get me intimidated..anyways if I happen to ever get another write up and im sure I will bcuz im human do I have to use her or do I have a choice? or do I need a rep at all ? can I decline having anyone represent me?

You sure seem to have a lot of problems at work

yes I have someone that I like and trust . But when I mentioned to that other rep that day that I wanted to use someone else she told me I didn't have a choice but she is also known not to play fair so idk what is true or not.
You have a choice on who can represent you if an alternate choice is available.

Minton

right because your here and know the situation, I don't get in trouble I have one write up for my attendance in 3 years o don't cause trouble..so if you don't have anything helpful or positive to say ...please stay off my post..i recently found this website and I was happy to finally get some help and advice with everything that has been going on here and I really don't need your negativity . Thanks and have a nice one

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

right because your here and know the situation, I don't get in trouble I have one write up for my attendance in 3 years o don't cause trouble..so if you don't have anything helpful or positive to say ...please stay off my post..i recently found this website and I was happy to finally get some help and advice with everything that has been going on here and I really don't need your negativity . Thanks and have a nice one

So rather than give it to you straight you would prefer that I blow sunshine up your ass?

You are a drama queen. I bet the stewards draw straws to see who is forced to represent you.

Minton

no but they are really good friends with her and they are feeding it all to her ...so when these allegations are coming out they are coming from this rep and she has told them to write these things in their grievances ..from my understanding anyway. the rep works in the dept next to ours we are in the same area so shes in the middle of all of it

542thruNthru

Ok I'm done. You're either 1 of 3 things.

1. A troll

2. A drama queen

3. A spineless weakling

If it's 3 you've already been informed what to do. If it's any of the other two I don't care anymore.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You have the right to representation. This person was not representing you. I would report her to the union, she is failing in her duties and should be stripped of her steward title. It's worse than failure, it sounds like harassment.

A

Article 3

Ok I'm done. You're either 1 of 3 things.

1. A troll

2. A drama queen

3. A spineless weakling

If it's 3 you've already been informed what to do. If it's any of the other two I don't care anymore.
Or all three?
Are you in UpstateNY? There's a Joe Union up there to help your supe/no I mean help you out.

Indecisi0n

Just because you are out of paid days doesn't mean you aren't allowed to take more. You get x amount of paid days not x amount of days your allowed to be sick.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I am a retired steward. I was in clerical, so I was always available and in the bldg. Not all stewards or BA's are on the up and up. I was requested by employees at several depts. to represent someone at a meeting, Drivers, Feeder Drivers, Maintenance, Mechanics, and hub employees. I was even requested to go to other facilities in our city for representation. Word will get around quickly if a steward is not fair and honest. You are allowed to ask for a steward that you feel comfortable with if that steward is available. Also, they cannot force you to sign anything. Not even your paycheck because most are direct deposit. There is nothing they can do about you refusing to sign a form. Anything you sign could come back to haunt you legally. But if you file a grievance, the steward will have you sign the form. Don't let them intimidate you.