United Way Donations

tourists24

So you prefer we go back to back-alley, coat hanger botch jobs?

Or would you prefer that we force the (often) unwed mother to carry her baby to term and then further force her to raise the (unwanted) child for 18 years, usually on welfare or some other form of public assistance?
I haven't seen any post from anyone that suggests any of the things you mentioned. There are so many different organizations out there to give to. A place that provides abortions is a huge deal breaker for a lot of people. That charity money will go to whoever each individual decides to give it to. Why give to one you that strongly disagree with?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Donated to my local church. That way I know just where the money is going. THese large "NON" profit organizations are a farce.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So you prefer we go back to back-alley, coat hanger botch jobs?

Or would you prefer that we force the (often) unwed mother to carry her baby to term and then further force her to raise the (unwanted) child for 18 years, usually on welfare or some other form of public assistance?

Go with back alley ones. Either way the fetus is unfortunately murdered....but with these shady ones, hopefully the mother dies too.

They already abuse the hell out of welfare and beat their kids, so why would any of us take issue with that?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I personally would feel ashamed to give money to a cause that abuses employees/staff and siphons money off the top freely, sometimes illegally.

Another winner for UPS...

UPS and the NFL (non-profit) partnership too..two businesses lost in the stone ages, but that's another topic. ha ha

BrownBrokeDown

I had multiple family members involved in a massive fire in my area a few years back. Seeing them go through it, I can tell you one of the best ways, that assures people that actually need it get it, and that it is not bums taking advantage of charities. What a lot of people did in my region was called local churchs, gave their name and number to pass onto the many families that were homeless, and ask them to either contact them or to meet them somewhere at a specific time. They then handed the money/clothes/food/school supplies directly. There was also multiple cases that I know of where through this they set up families in travel trailers at the local parkgrounds for temporary housing through the churchs. This way you know 100% of the money is going to directly to the needy and nothing gets skimmed off.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had multiple family members involved in a massive fire in my area a few years back. Seeing them go through it, I can tell you one of the best ways, that assures people that actually need it get it, and that it is not bums taking advantage of charities. What a lot of people did in my region was called local churchs, gave their name and number to pass onto the many families that were homeless, and ask them to either contact them or to meet them somewhere at a specific time. They then handed the money/clothes/food/school supplies directly. There was also multiple cases that I know of where through this they set up families in travel trailers at the local parkgrounds for temporary housing through the churchs. This way you know 100% of the money is going to directly to the needy and nothing gets skimmed off.

Churches usually only have limited resources so they have to be careful of where their support goes. It makes most churches very good stewards of money and their aid goes to help those really in need.

Johney

I think if people get gov't assistance then the gov't should make them work for it. Something that would make them want to get a real job.
10 minutes is better than nothing. Hire a few fraud investigators, catch them doing something, and strip them of their assistance. In the end, save money.
Just drug test them. My guess is that would weed(no pun intended)quite a few out.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think a couple states tried that, but was ruled illegal by the courts.

Yeah, it's illegal to make sure that people we are GIVING money to are not using illegal drugs. A-holes.
It's also illegal to make sure that people who are active in the voting process are who they say they are.

It's perfectly fine, though for people to come into this country illegally and live and NOT get deported.

This country is going (has gone) straight down the crapper.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think a couple states tried that, but was ruled illegal by the courts.

Yeah, it's illegal to make sure that people we are GIVING money to are not using illegal drugs. A-holes.
It's also illegal to make sure that people who are active in the voting process are who they say they are.

It's perfectly fine, though for people to come into this country illegally and live and NOT get deported.

This country is going (has gone) straight down the crapper.

oldngray

nowhere special

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
CAM00050.jpg

upschuck

I've not been given the donation form yet. I remember back several years ago, they implied that if you don't give, you'd be less likely to get help from UW if you would ever need it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've not been given the donation form yet. I remember back several years ago, they implied that if you don't give, you'd be less likely to get help from UW if you would ever need it.

That is so funny. I worked with a driver who was a cheerleader for United Way and volunteered a lot of his own time to try to get other to donate. Then he had a family tragedy and his son needed help. How much do you think United Way helped him? nada.