Unity Conference???

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Bubblehead, May 4, 2015.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Does anybody know what goes on at this event?

Couldn't find anything about this years event on the IBT website, or in a Google search?

It looks like last year's version was a good time for all of those fortunate enough to attend in Las Vegas.

In my state, Ohio, our State Panel was pushed back almost 3 weeks and we are only hearing discharge cases this month.

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait for all of us with cases to be heard.

After all, it's in the name of "Unity"?

2. wide load

wide load Well-Known Member

Yeah, might have to wait a bit to get your extra cash. You need a few bucks to get you through?

3. Bubblehead

I'll be fine, although I have been waiting a year for closure on a series of grievances (7) that were supposed to follow a progression within a 5 month period?

I'm more worried about the the 5 discharges in my local that should have been heard tomorrow?

4. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Short of asking your Local Leaders (at the monthly meeting)....

It is the equivalent of a motivational seminar, and a positive social event.

A good time ?

That depends on your definition.... of what a "good time" is.:biggrin:

Nothing was "pushed" back.

Every Local gets a copy of the State Panel dates, well before, the 1st of the year.

If elected in to office.... would you refuse to go, and not represent your Local ??

-Bug-

5. Bubblehead

Ok, thanks and that's what I thought.
    Our membership meeting is actually tonight, but I won't get off in time to attend.

Golf and poker and all the trappings that are Las Vegas???......yea, a good time.

I got a copy of the very calendar you refer to for 2015 from my local in late December and the OSJC was for sure delayed, postponed, rescheduled and or pushed back from its originally scheduled date in the month of May.
    Additionally, only discharge grievances will be heard during the one day event, the Friday before Labor Day.

If I had 5 discharges deadlocked to the panel the following week???....perhaps.

6. 5habits100

5habits100 Well-Known Member

Don't blame the Ohio Panel for grievances not being heard. The members voted for the people in office. It's obvious they thought those guys could do a better job than certain other individuals

7. BigUnionGuy

??

Labor Day.... is September 07, 2015.

I know your Local has more than 1 Business Agent.

Is your Local, paying.... to have the entire staff go to the Unity Conference ?

-Bug-

8. anHOURover

anHOURover Well-Known Member

Management and union officials golf together!!

9. wide load

I'd rather them golf together than what my TDU BA does. He skips out the door hand in hand with management. Laughing the whole way. Lying to members what cutting deplorable side deals.

10. anHOURover

That's funny... My local union officers who shine hoffas shoes do the same! It's pretty bad when the membership votes the exact opposite of what their leadership tells them to do! Change is coming shortly!!

11. wide load

I couldn't agree more! Funny thing was, the TDU bums ran on a "we need change" platform. Little did people know it was meant in terms of the 9.5 grievance payout deal the BA has been cutting.

12. anHOURover

File charges on him !! We both agree that change needs to happen in our own locals! We just don't agree on the man who stole my vote!!

13. wide load

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430877230.825616.jpg

14. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

I guess all the yards got mowed.

15. wide load

Are you trying to see your grassroots? lol

16. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Lots of growth there.
    Looks promising. Lol

17. wide load

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430947609.095641.jpg
    It's only crabgrass.

18. wide load

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430947640.005381.jpg
    We use this on grassroots movements.

19. BigUnionGuy

Why would management people, be attending a Teamsters only event ?

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. anHOURover

Are you calling me a liar bugger??