Unity Conference???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Does anybody know what goes on at this event?

Couldn't find anything about this years event on the IBT website, or in a Google search?

It looks like last year's version was a good time for all of those fortunate enough to attend in Las Vegas.

In my state, Ohio, our State Panel was pushed back almost 3 weeks and we are only hearing discharge cases this month.

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait for all of us with cases to be heard.

After all, it's in the name of "Unity"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah, might have to wait a bit to get your extra cash. You need a few bucks to get you through?

I'll be fine, although I have been waiting a year for closure on a series of grievances (7) that were supposed to follow a progression within a 5 month period?

I'm more worried about the the 5 discharges in my local that should have been heard tomorrow?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Short of asking your Local Leaders (at the monthly meeting)....

It is the equivalent of a motivational seminar, and a positive social event.

It looks like last year's version was a good time for all of those fortunate enough to attend in Las Vegas.

A good time ?

That depends on your definition.... of what a "good time" is.:biggrin:

In my state, Ohio, our State Panel was pushed back almost 3 weeks and we are only hearing discharge cases this month.

Nothing was "pushed" back.

Every Local gets a copy of the State Panel dates, well before, the 1st of the year.

If elected in to office.... would you refuse to go, and not represent your Local ??

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Short of asking your Local Leaders (at the monthly meeting)....

It is the equivalent of a motivational seminar, and a positive social event.
Ok, thanks and that's what I thought.
Our membership meeting is actually tonight, but I won't get off in time to attend.

A good time ?

That depends on your definition.... of what a "good time" is.:biggrin:

Golf and poker and all the trappings that are Las Vegas???......yea, a good time.

Nothing was "pushed" back.

Every Local gets a copy of the State Panel dates, well before, the 1st of the year.

I got a copy of the very calendar you refer to for 2015 from my local in late December and the OSJC was for sure delayed, postponed, rescheduled and or pushed back from its originally scheduled date in the month of May.
Additionally, only discharge grievances will be heard during the one day event, the Friday before Labor Day.

If elected in to office.... would you refuse to go, and not represent your Local ??

If I had 5 discharges deadlocked to the panel the following week???....perhaps.

5habits100

I'll be fine, although I have been waiting a year for closure on a series of grievances (7) that were supposed to follow a progression within a 5 month period?

I'm more worried about the the 5 discharges in my local that should have been heard tomorrow?
Don't blame the Ohio Panel for grievances not being heard. The members voted for the people in office. It's obvious they thought those guys could do a better job than certain other individuals

anHOURover

Couldn't find anything about this years event on the IBT website, or in a Google search?

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait for all of us with cases to be heard.

Management and union officials golf together!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'd rather them golf together than what my TDU BA does. He skips out the door hand in hand with management. Laughing the whole way. Lying to members what cutting deplorable side deals.

anHOURover

I'd rather them golf together than what my TDU BA does. He skips out the door hand in hand with management. Laughing the whole way. Lying to members what cutting deplorable side deals.
That's funny... My local union officers who shine hoffas shoes do the same! It's pretty bad when the membership votes the exact opposite of what their leadership tells them to do! Change is coming shortly!!

anHOURover

I couldn't agree more! Funny thing was, the TDU bums ran on a "we need change" platform. Little did people know it was meant in terms of the 9.5 grievance payout deal the BA has been cutting.
File charges on him !! We both agree that change needs to happen in our own locals! We just don't agree on the man who stole my vote!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430877230.825616.jpg