unloading

Sup told me that u have to unload a truck in the 800-1300 range. They timed me for two minutes and counted how many boxes I unloaded and multiplied it by 30. They say that's how many u unload in one hour. Is tho my local hubs rule or standard ups

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Sup told me that u have to unload a truck in the 800-1300 range. They timed me for two minutes and counted how many boxes I unloaded and multiplied it by 30. They say that's how many u unload in one hour. Is tho my local hubs rule or standard ups
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me but it may just be your centers way of doing things. With me assuming your a female, (by your username) I'd bet there just trying to make it hard for you and get you to quit. Don't let them scare you. Find a comfortable pace your good with and unload packages to the best of your ability.

Box Ox

PT sups will tell you anything that'll help their numbers on paper. Whatever pace is safe and sustainable for you on a daily basis. You make that rule.

That said, was about an hour per when I unloaded. With the occasional smalls bag or large bulk blowout that'd extend the time and get the sups whining.

Thank u guys for replies.
I think management is a serious issue at this center. Like u advise, I unload as quickly and safely as possible without killing myself. And its every bit of 110 degrees plus the blue vest adds 5 degrees. Lol.. Thanks yall

StoptheAct1212

One thing you Fools always forget.... we need to get down at a certain time so drivers can leave.. if employees dont cutt it it sets us all back..... do your best. And be safe... yes and there are alot of overpaid unloaders