Ups automotive

Creeper head

Like somebody said earlier red tag it if you don't get to it. Once you have enough cars outback they will let you get overtime. If you have 50 cars and for the most part they are all running of course they are not going to let you stay OT because they know you can get it done in 8. I say knock it back a gear and start parking cars. Or move hear to right coast and you can stay as long as you want we never have a OT problem hear.......

They are now replacing my 300,000-400,000 mile trucks with new one's, I just think the new one's will have some more work that has to be done to them. We will wait and see... Thanks...

upssup

Yes they will. I have a bunch of the nnew P50's, P57's and the P70's. Wow they amount of work needed to keep these going is more than the older ones. There is no one brand better than the others. They are all labor intensive.

upssup

Knock it back a gear? What if the person in payroll took that attitude with your payroll concerns. There would be a military inquiry.

dragracer66

Knock it back a gear? What if the person in payroll took that attitude with your payroll concerns. There would be a military inquiry.
What the hell does one have to do with the other? Payroll sucks :censored2: too. I don't think we have had a week go by this year without a payroll issue... Typical supervisor answer.....

upssup

How is it not the same? You saying that to a mechanic is not right. All I am trying to do is put it in terms that you can relate to. And by the way mechanics don't suck :censored2:! most of the mechanics that I work with anyways do everything they can to keep you in "your car" and keep it running. The law of averages should dictate that we have alot more breakdowns a month than we do. These guys bust their tails to keep the cars running, because we do not want to hear you whine if you have to drive an 8 or a 10 without power steering while they are trying to get yours running.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My most excellent mechanic left his job while I was on vacation. He will be missed and didnt even get a thank you for your years, when he left. The mechanics are pushed just as every other level. Once in a while they have the initiative to leave, and Im happy for him, sad for me.
We had an Oms leave, not a goodbye, nothing at the PCM. Totally sad, disgusting and heartless. But thats where we work.
It sucks that we are all just a number, and no Im not leaving til Im ready to. So keep the mgmt drivel to yourself. Or start a poll............

dragracer66

Yes I am, and I have twenty years to back it!!!! And being a steward for 18 of them it really chaps my :censored2: when a sup has to act like a sup on here. I was only tring to make the point that if your getting all of the work done in 8 hrs why would you be allowed to work O/T????

upssup

Dragracr66: Are you "owed overtime". Is it in your contract that you will get overtime. You get paid very well to come in and fix package cars, tractor or trailers. Even without ovetime I guarantee you would have a hard time finding a job that pays as well as UPS to do the same job. If you appreciate what you have, you would come in to work, do your job and go home. That is all that is asked of the mechanics, nothing more, nothing less. If you feel you are "entitled" to overtime then my friend I think you work for the wrong company. I have extended center mechanics that have to work overtime just to keep up with their two centers and their drive time. They give everything they can because they appreciate what they have. I was a mechanic for UPS long before I was a Supervisor. I have seen this arguement many times. Typically the mechanic that whines about no overtime is the one that likes to play the system of knocking it back a gear. Maybe your Supervisor will tolerate it but most will not, and in these economic times there are plenty good mechanics unemployed that would kill for a chance at a job like this and appreciate what they have, I know I was one of them!

upssup

No I am just another Supervisor that get's tired of hearing the constant whining from people, union and non-union alike. I am more upbeat than most of the people around me and I enjoy working for UPS. Let me say it again, I enjoy working for UPS. I guess with my background I have learned to appreciate what I have, and I do not worry about things I cannot change. It is amazing the amount of complaining people do on here and when it comes to the auto side I tent to get irked by the rants of drivers and sometimes mechanics that seem to have lost that simple notion. If you are unhappy doing what you are doing then do something else, otherwise stop and learn to appreciate what you have!

dragracer66

Dragracr66: Are you "owed overtime". Is it in your contract that you will get overtime. You get paid very well to come in and fix package cars, tractor or trailers. Even without ovetime I guarantee you would have a hard time finding a job that pays as well as UPS to do the same job. If you appreciate what you have, you would come in to work, do your job and go home. That is all that is asked of the mechanics, nothing more, nothing less. If you feel you are "entitled" to overtime then my friend I think you work for the wrong company. I have extended center mechanics that have to work overtime just to keep up with their two centers and their drive time. They give everything they can because they appreciate what they have. I was a mechanic for UPS long before I was a Supervisor. I have seen this arguement many times. Typically the mechanic that whines about no overtime is the one that likes to play the system of knocking it back a gear. Maybe your Supervisor will tolerate it but most will not, and in these economic times there are plenty good mechanics unemployed that would kill for a chance at a job like this and appreciate what they have, I know I was one of them!
I am not owed "overtime" nor did i state that anywhere. I just happen to work at a building where you have to work it to get everything done. Not all the buildings in my district are like that but mine is and always has been. And yes we do get alot of 6'th and 7'th days here because its a 24-7 operation and when somebody calls out on a weekend or is scheduled off they have to bring somebody in for coverage. Oh yea by the way Parcel likes to promote their weaker mechanic and keep the ones that are good. So that explains why your in management. I'm sure you will say how great it is. But the truth is your paying for your benefits, you have no 401k anymore and i know you took a pay cut. Plus they will ship you out if you make the smallest mistake. I have 8 1/2 years left I'll be 49 when I retire with a full pension. A supervisor like you (judging the way you talk to me on here) wouldn't last a week in this district....

upssup

Wow, I think you need to take a long look at how you treat others and your job. i excelled as a mechanic and that is why I was persued to become a Supervisor, not because I wasn't. I was the type that never argued or complained. I came in did my job and went home. I never kicked it back a notch and I certainly was not a slacker, infact my "union brothers" resented the fact that I did not stand around and BS or took the extended coffee breaks because it made the guys 10 years elder look bad. I have been a machanic 30 years in total and worked on aircraft for 8 of it. You learn real quick what you are made of doing that. The consequences are life threatening. I am not here to debate with you that I am a better machanic. My complaint is the attitude of kicking it back a gear and let it pile up. Not good. And you are right one of us would have a problem if you had that attitude working for me.