Ups beard petition

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the freight and fedex guys all look like ex-cons. do you really want to go there? of course upsers would abuse a beard policy.

i'm sure that our business is enhanced tremendously because of the clean cut boy scout look. it's part of the ups brand.

so shave for 25 years. you can do what you want the last 40 years of your life. ever been to a retired ups get together? everyone has beards. it's funny as hell.

the freight and fedex guys all look like ex-cons. do you really want to go there? of course upsers would abuse a beard policy.

i'm sure that our business is enhanced tremendously because of the clean cut boy scout look. it's part of the ups brand.

so shave for 25 years. you can do what you want the last 40 years of your life. ever been to a retired ups get together? everyone has beards. it's funny as hell.
How big is your beard?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm satellited. Only shave once a week. Usually Monday morning.
We have a guy who is satellited that shaves even less. We got a concern one day that some bearded guy in a UPS uniform came and delivered a package to the front door. Turns out he hadn't shaved in at least a month. Nobody ever sees the guy, so nobody knew. Gotta admit, I had to hold in the laughter when I got wind of it. Guy is so relaxed and carefree, we all knew pretty fast who it was.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Do you really think that a trimmed beard and/or goatee would make us less professional?

But are you going to guarantee me that everyone keeps it nice and trimmed? Probably not. You should know as well as anyone that if you give an inch people will take a mile.

And personally, yes, I do think beards and especially goatees do NOT look professional.

salt

really a beard doesn't look professional??? then why do some many Ceo's and white collar workers rock a beard while making tons of money? also when will you realize ink and piercings aren't going anywhere? once the baby boomers die off 80% of people will have one or the other....

further more it is just another way to control and degrade us... they want us to feel like we have to do it...

i think if we are required to shave we should be reimbursed to do so. that should be proposed on the next contract, then lets see how fast they change that rule.

Cementups

Box Monkey
really a beard doesn't look professional??? then why do some many Ceo's and white collar workers rock a beard while making tons of money? also when will you realize ink and piercings aren't going anywhere? once the baby boomers die off 80% of people will have one or the other....

further more it is just another way to control and degrade us... they want us to feel like we have to do it...

i think if we are required to shave we should be reimbursed to do so. that should be proposed on the next contract, then lets see how fast they change that rule.

yup, look at all those beards......

forbes-top-10-richest-people-in-the-world1.jpg

TT-top-10-may09-2011b.jpg

Most-Liked-Technology-CEO.jpg

10%20ceo.jpg

And only 20% of the population has ink, not 80%

AGAIN.....if you don't like the rules, then go somewhere else.

salt

only 20%? where did you get that number?

you're pictures prove nothing... just because they don't have beards in the pictures doesn't mean they don't or haven't had beards.

if you don't like the rules changing many be you should leave because they change the rules every day kid.

Jmups

They should at least let us have a test run with the facial hair and see how the public reacts...I'm sure it won't change a thing and they won't loose business because of it