UPS Bows to Teamster Pressure, Negotiations to Resume Next Week

HarryWarden

Yet the same people saying that still support Biden after 2 years, countless deaths and billions upon billions of tax payer money to fund his war in Ukraine. Not to mention inflation and gas prices through the roof.
You do know just as many republicans are voting for Ukraine as democrats right? That the money comes from Congress?

Doubleparkedrunner

If Trump isn’t praising Putin’s “genius” invasion of Ukraine then he’s whacking off to Xi’s “brilliance” in China. The point is that Trump loves autocrats and autocracy and wishes he could be in their place here in America. He SUCKS.
biden red scare.jpg

If Trump isn’t praising Putin’s “genius” invasion of Ukraine then he’s whacking off to Xi’s “brilliance” in China. The point is that Trump loves autocrats and autocracy and wishes he could be in their place here in America. He SUCKS.
so as America's head diplomat, he should have insulted them instead?

you don't get how diplomacy works do you

HarryWarden

so as America's head diplomat, he should have insulted them instead?

you don't get how diplomacy works do you
Sometimes you need to be unbiased and honest with yourself. If Biden said this about a communist leader people on the right would be :censored2:ting themselves

““Think of President Xi. Central casting, brilliant guy. You know, when I say he’s brilliant, everyone says, ‘Oh that’s terrible,'” said Trump during the event. “Well, he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist. Smart, brilliant, everything perfect.”

Pullman Brown

O'Brien has been letting UPS slide this whole time.

First is was, lets have the locals finish before the national starts, he balked.
Then it was UPS better have something on June 30, whoops, I really meant July 5th. I really mean it this time UPS.
Then UPS comes back with pay cuts for full timers, and O'Brien starts crying about PT pay... um what?
Then O'Brien flip flopped on we are walking on Aug 1, to "We'll extend the current contract we never voted for however long you need to UPS". So now UPS can come back at the final week and offer meager rations for the scrubs.

We literally have UPS by the throat and he is letting them walk, every time.

Um.. how many contracts have you been through at least will have something ratified before next summer!

Pullman Brown

Everyone seems to know someone on the negotiating committee… just like every customer I had seemed to know an ups “big shot” or “higher up”…if I had a buck for every time I heard that lol

I guess will have to see if “the insiders” were telling us the right information when we put eyes on the contract. The guy who told me was in the room but half the stuff he tells me is wrong! Idiot!

Pullman Brown

That’s the thing that makes no sense. Why not give us what we are looking for and then tell O’Brien now go organize Amazon. A little birdie told Amazon and UPS relationship is much cozier than anyone actually realizes. Said Amazon was putting major pressure on UPS to not cave because they know if they do, Amazon is next. And we all know it would eat Amazon execs up if they actually had to pay a living wage. Went as far as to say they heard Amazon was financially supporting UPS to not cave. How that would work, I have no idea.

As far as well I know so and so on the negotiating committee, anyone on the negotiating committee signs an NDA, they are not allowed to utter a peep. I know a steward that is. Won’t tell anyone a thing. You can’t, if it gets traced back to you, you got major problems.

That NDA doesn’t work both ways. That crap first economic proposal from company was crap and the IBT had no problem with that being leaked. People are talking.

Undertow

l

if this is true, which I’m not sure it is as I’ve heard so many “insider sources” that turned out wrong, then that’s disappointing as ups must not be coming with an objectively strong offer
If the company senses there's any chance at all that there's big enough pockets of the rank and file wavering, or worse, panicking, as we've unfortunately witnessed on occasion in these forums, then it's a good bet it would let the clock run late even if it did mean getting very close to the deadline. Plus it's possible that those in the posh C-suite want to take a long look at what accounts are and aren't deverting volume in an attempt to assess which big customers really don't want to use FedEx under any circumstances so they gain a better idea of who they can and can't play hardball with on rates next time around.

Two weeks ago, it's possible some PR firm convinced the company that chances were better than 50/50 that O'Brien would crash and burn once he made the rounds doing TV interviews and now that that prediction hasn't been realized, Atlanta might feel there's no obvious weak links in the chain to try and attack with so little runway left to get any other scheme to liftoff.

Scuba_Steve

It is interesting that no one from ups has been on some stock market show pleading their case.
It does seem like UPS has zero media relations game. They look completely horrible at it. They probably outsourced media relations to a 3rd world country, like they have the rest of the corporate departments in the last few years.

HarryWarden

Maybe they're saving the PR blitzkrieg for the actual strike?
I’ve been wondering that myself. If SOB is waiting for the A+ contract, ups offers him a B+ and we strike over it, if ups is going to show it and the public is like “they’re striking over that?”

I think SOB knows what he’s doing and he’s making up for lost time and knows this is our best opportunity to get the most of what we deserve