UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

ncupser82

I assume you read that the WEAK CONTRACT is again making more for UPS is the long run?? Nice...off your hard earned backs...
I'm still getting mine! And I work as hard as I want to work, production doesn't mean :censored2: to me...as long as my customers are happy I've done my part...

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

I'm still getting mine! And I work as hard as I want to work, production doesn't mean :censored2: to me...as long as my customers are happy I've done my part...

Sent using BrownCafe App

In additon to your customers,you forgot to mention the shareholders who are also enjoying profits from your hard work...When you limp out in retirement and half your pension goes for your healthcare benefits you can then rethink your post about working hard for less.......in the long run you will have done your part and future Upsers will be thanking you for it

ncupser82

In additon to your customers,you forgot to mention the shareholders who are also enjoying profits from your hard work...When you limp out in retirement and half your pension goes for your healthcare benefits you can then rethink your post about working hard for less.......in the long run you will have done your part and future Upsers will be thanking you for it
You only limp if you break, I'm unbreakable! By the time I retire we won't have pension funds anymore, I'm pretty certain of that! I got 20 plus to go, so I guess I'm living in the here and now! And I'm not working hard for less, I make $80-90k hustling boxes, life don't get no better! And I said I care if my customers are happy not if my shareholders are happy, could care less if they lose every penny they got in UPS! And BTW the way business works is there have to be profits, without profits you'd be on the lawn of the white house complaining about not having a job! So when UPS makes 4 billion I applaud it because it means I might actually get to retire with this company...unlike some of those poor bastards at GM and Chrysler who got sold down the river! I bet the UAW wished they would've thought about their future before they decided to take those companies for all they got! Especially since GM and Chrysler barely made profits!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I thought you retired.... ??

-Bug-

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Sent using BrownCafe App
All about making fatt duckees(money) to me. They do stupidazz shiznitt everyday n I punch em in the pocket for it and don't work any harder. Nothing is ever going to change with the job, no matter how much we complain or gripe. Its all a game and you play it, nothing else you can do about it. Just buy your time til the marathon is over.

ncupser82

All about making fatt duckees(money) to me. They do stupidazz shiznitt everyday n I punch em in the pocket for it and don't work any harder. Nothing is ever going to change with the job, no matter how much we complain or gripe. Its all a game and you play it, nothing else you can do about it. Just buy your time til the marathon is over.
And what a game it is! Love seeing their faces when my shop steward turns in a grievance...its like they weren't even expecting it!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

And what a game it is! Love seeing their faces when my shop steward turns in a grievance...its like they weren't even expecting it!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Oh almost forgot, I especially love it when they come begging asking me to retract the grievance...grievances work!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Oh almost forgot, I especially love it when they come begging asking me to retract the grievance...grievances work!

Once your grievance has been properly filed....

The company, can't even discuss it with you.

If management tries to resolve it with you (prior to involvement with your Local Union)

That is the basis, for a Labor Board Charge.

-Bug-

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You only limp if you break, I'm unbreakable! By the time I retire we won't have pension funds anymore, I'm pretty certain of that! I got 20 plus to go, so I guess I'm living in the here and now! And I'm not working hard for less, I make $80-90k hustling boxes, life don't get no better! And I said I care if my customers are happy not if my shareholders are happy, could care less if they lose every penny they got in UPS! And BTW the way business works is there have to be profits, without profits you'd be on the lawn of the white house complaining about not having a job! So when UPS makes 4 billion I applaud it because it means I might actually get to retire with this company...unlike some of those poor bastards at GM and Chrysler who got sold down the river! I bet the UAW wished they would've thought about their future before they decided to take those companies for all they got! Especially since GM and Chrysler barely made profits!

Sent using BrownCafe App
20 to go you better get some AFLAC, only way your going to make it physically, because at some point your body is going to break down with the repetitious movement everyday. That's almost guaranteed.

The Milkman

Sent using BrownCafe App

20 to go..good luck. Profits, Been making profits since I was hired back in 81, over the years they have done nothing but increase and like you said profits are good for security down the road. My point is that if UPS makes profits in the billions year after year then why should those who generate it for them have to pay more for their benefits that they so rightly earned? If like in GM's case they were losing money then it would be time to make concessions. But Why anyone currently busting their tails day in and day out would want to settle for less than they already have is beyond me. When I retired I was told what my retirement pkg would be, just like when you were hired you were told what your benefits would be. Now a few years down the road...Now they change them. I guess even with Billions in profits others like myself are discardable numbers.Now ever since I could remember nearing contract time we would hear" Oh we are losing Money blah blah blah" Then after a contract was settled they would load you up like peak, do ojs rides and harrass you for a while to make more life miserable for you because they have to pay you more. 20 yrs from now maybe your body will be in worse shape than it is now and by that time you will need those retirement benefits that you will be promised, but by then the way things are going hopefully you won't be paying 1/3 of your pension ck monthly to keep them all the while UPS again is making Billions. Maybe when that happens you will then feel what other retirees like myself are feeling after planning your retirement not realizing at the time they were just giving you lip service on the way out

The Milkman

20 to go you better get some AFLAC, only way your going to make it physically, because at some point your body is going to break down with the repetitious movement everyday. That's almost guaranteed.

Must be a youngster..Gunner..Runner..eventually they all break down in due time...........Seen it happen , sure you have seen it also...every ctr has one....or two......only hurting themselves in the long run

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah gotta slow down eventually or youll never make it, or youll come out like LEE MAJORS the 6 million dollar man. That's the truth and reality of it on the serious side of it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If I were to retire today my pension would be around $2800 a month and would have to pay about $250 a month for health benefits. Not quite half by my math. You can stop spewing lies cause I ain't buying it!

The Milkman

If I were to retire today my pension would be around $2800 a month and would have to pay about $250 a month for health benefits. Not quite half by my math. You can stop spewing lies cause I ain't buying it!

Not talking about today......obviously what I was trying to say that MAYBE YES MAYBE 20 years down the road if UPS keeps getting concessions from the Union you may be paying a lot more than today. I tell no lies..My rates are going up, more than likely in due time yours will also..so where are the lies you are talking about? I was making a general blanket statement concerning future hikes for all which is more than likely going to happen the way things are going with the Union giving away the farm while UPS is making Billions. $250 today, how about 5 -10 yrs from now..you are in la la land if you think the rates won't go up. What you are told when you retire to expect will change......Can only get worse, I don't see it getting better when the Votes of members are meaningless........

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Don't waste your time with these guys Milkman, they will never get what you're trying to say.

When and if you guys retire, you'll understand how hard it is to sit back and not have a vote.

For the brother that says that he probably won't have a pension from UPS when he is ready to retire. You'll need to max out your 401k and look to other means to make money when you can't hump that cardboard anymore. With UPS not matching your contributions to your 401k I don't see how you'll be able to save 1.5 to 2 million dollars that you'll lose in the pension monies that you should be getting. Figure at least 30 years of life left if you retire at age 55 and that pension looks better and better. Better yet, you guys better hope that the stock market gets some hefty returns on your money in the coming years without hitting another slump that is sure to come.

Having to rely on the brothers and sisters that are active workers now for support as a retiree is long gone. Hopefully something will wake you guys up and understand that a Union divided is no longer a Union. The company has you guys right where they want you...by the balls.