UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

10 point

That guy was my friend bug you genius. You are so irrelevant it's not even funny. Kinda like a shart. You wish it wouldn't happen but it does to us all. You're up
I couldn't care less what you look like or that you consider yourself tough. And much less get your phone number.
You and people on your side have your opinion and we have ours.
Time will tell who is right. Until then we vent and spar on this forum. You're up.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I couldn't care less what you look like or that you consider yourself tough. And much less get your phone number.
Time will tell who is right. Until then we vent and spar on this forum. You're up.
I thought so

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Dunno, but how many Americans work in a ice box in the winter, a oven in the summer and are threaten and harassed everyday buy some nerd in a tie.
Lol. How many UPS drivers are deployed abroad? How many work nights, weekends, holidays to keep a hospital running? How many work their whole lives and don't have the country's largest union watching their back?

You wanted to point out how tough the job is and your go-to point was that we don't have AC? Wow, Give me a break. The sense of exceptionalism among UPS drivers is staggering.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Lol. How many UPS drivers are deployed abroad? How many work nights, weekends, holidays to keep a hospital running? How many work their whole lives and don't have the country's largest union watching their back?

You wanted to point out how tough the job is and your go-to point was that we don't have AC? Wow, Give me a break. The sense of exceptionalism among UPS drivers is staggering.

Wow. Talk about cherry picking.

I believe that the poster pointed out more than just having to work in a hot box in the summer.

Next time, read more, or be more honest in your response.

rpoz11

Just something to think about...
The 2 of you should take the opportunity to meet and just maybe something good can come from it.
I'm never one to back away from learning.
Its the best part about life.
You both have the opportunity to become better for it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Let's get real representation elected in the IBT this next time around and be vindicated over these fakes.

Like who ??

I couldn't care less if the plan is sustainable or not. I won't be here long enough to be affected but you will be.

You should care. Teamcare, is going to be your retiree insurance provider.

The vast majority of upsers don't go here you know.

Most don't know the BrownCafe exists....

Dunno, but how many Americans work in a ice box in the winter, a oven in the summer and are threaten and harassed everyday buy some nerd in a tie.

I understand the sentiment.... But, there are a lot worse things you could be doing.

I have never seen an hourly that got fired.... immediately, replace their income or benefits.

If ever at all.

Food for thought.

More bully threats from the tough guy.
I like that he thinks I'm threatening him. I'm trying to engage him in a public debate in a venue where we both would be.

Guys.... It takes a certain type of individual to work at UPS.

Here on the Cafe.... is like being in a room.... with all alpha males.

That guy was my friend bug you genius.

My Brother.

To bad.... you are on the losing end of that position.

The sense of exceptionalism among UPS drivers is staggering.

I liken it to a sense of "elitism".

Stick a UPS driver on a Union freight dock.... And for most, it would be a different story.

-Bug-

Thanks but I will be gone soon like a fart in the wind. My welcome is worn out in this place.

Uh.... While you weren't looking.... I re-upped your membership. :biggrin:

Stonefish

Sticks and stones.
Are you threatening me about meeting in Columbus for some reason? You want to retract that before you have to deal with other issues?
I dont have a boy named "bubble" and your threats and jabs don't mean jack to me.
Keep it up and you'll figure it out. I guarantee that.
Now that's funny. Throw jabs at people, they say hey wanna meet at talk and then they run crying that they were threatened. That is exactly why the union is weak is because of weak people like 10 point. He talks tough about Hoffa and striking but in the end when he "thinks" it's about to get tough he puts his tail between his legs. Real tough union guy there.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Instead or worrying about your retro checks I would think everyone should be concerned about what the Union just did. Dividing the Union is what UPS wants so they can get their way in the future, longer contracts, longer progression, pushing more onto the employee for their health benefits all the while making huge profits and giving out bonuses to those on the board off your hard working backs. Retro checks will be needed for your increases in healthcare along with your anual raises down the road. Your votes mean nothing to UPS now that they saw the Union Buckle under pressure. Concessions are not what made Unions strong early last century, demands for better working conditions and better wages...not givebacks which now seem to be the norm. Hang on this is just the beginning of the end
Went through the changes in the new contract last night. The only giveback or concession I could find in my local was the increase of one year in the progression when going from PT to FT. From where I sit the enhancements more than made up for this.

Big Bad Wolf

Went through the changes in the new contract last night. The only giveback or concession I could find in my local was the increase of one year in the progression when going from PT to FT. From where I sit the enhancements more than made up for this.
With a slight offset being the starting rate for driving went up $2.25 per hour.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

Forrest Gump Jr..Stupid is as Stupid does...Yeah give away your benefits to the fat cats, they do not realize they are cutting their own throats. Afraid to strike because they can not face the fact that may be out of work for a while, in the long run you have to Stand your Ground for your beliefs, if not you are just having your strings pulled like a puppet by the Stooges in Atlanta
You're naive if you think you'll only be out of work "for a while"...if you're so ready to go on strike, by all means go for it! I have no problem striking but not when there's zero support for it from the general public! But it's your typ of mentality that got 250 UPSers fired in the first place! Did they do a noble thing? Hell yeah they stuck up for a brother! Are they counting their blessings right now? You damn tootin! Then of course there's the long term end of things. Go on strike and companies we've had long standings with give their contracts to FedEx USPS or DHL; we lose volume, we lose jobs! We lose jobs, we lose numbers! This isn't rocket science...but you know I'm giving you sound arguments, you're just calling people stupid! Way to go brother!

Sent using BrownCafe App