UPS in 2022

magoo57

Alright already, people. This has been the first thread I've ever started and I have been nicely surprised at the thought-provoking posts on the idea of where our company might be.
Now I am going to throw some red meat into the mix......
How will supervisors and hourlies relate to each other in 2022?
Will preloaders have their loads evaluated by the rfid devices in the packages?
Will eyes in the trailer judge, by chaos programs , how well a loader loads his trailer?
Will 'black boxes' in the package cars finally settle arguments on whether an accident was 'preventable'?
Will the fact that 'cell phones' have cameras the size of a button change the way a supe speaks to an hourly?
Will thermal imaging prove whether the guy was trying to harrass another UPSer or was that an innocent remark?
Now in some respects, supervisors have not changed since the supervisors of United Pharoah's Service tried to keep the production of bricks up- even when the Israelites didn't have straw. But I think a revolution is about to occur in the way management and the teamsters relate to each other. How say you?

Big Babooba

Alright already, people. This has been the first thread I've ever started and I have been nicely surprised at the thought-provoking posts on the idea of where our company might be.
Now I am going to throw some red meat into the mix......
How will supervisors and hourlies relate to each other in 2022?
Will preloaders have their loads evaluated by the rfid devices in the packages?
Will eyes in the trailer judge, by chaos programs , how well a loader loads his trailer?
Will 'black boxes' in the package cars finally settle arguments on whether an accident was 'preventable'?
Will the fact that 'cell phones' have cameras the size of a button change the way a supe speaks to an hourly?
Will thermal imaging prove whether the guy was trying to harrass another UPSer or was that an innocent remark?
Now in some respects, supervisors have not changed since the supervisors of United Pharoah's Service tried to keep the production of bricks up- even when the Israelites didn't have straw. But I think a revolution is about to occur in the way management and the teamsters relate to each other. How say you?
This is a question that dates back to ancient Egypt. Bricks without straw?, Record deliveries without paper? How can it be possible? It has always been UPS's mission to build a better mousetrap and technology is helping them achieve that goal. The mice will adapt and become smarter because only the smart mice will survive.

browniehound

Next day air letters will no longer be a service. Everything will be done via internet/secured bank line.

I see Local804, a member here, complaining that the Yankees haven't won the world series since 2000 and the Red Sox are now the team of the new century. After 86 years of misery, the Red Sox win 7 of the next 15 World Series, with UPS showing up at opening day each year to deliver the championship rings and banners!

wyobill

I predict part-timers will no longer have to have back ground checks.

An 8hr plan day will take 12 to finish.

10 yrs to top scale.

co-pay on medical

part-timer will not last a year.

drivers moving into management will be a thing of the past

no potty breaks allowed.

Drivers have to wear Bark collars

No more knocking on doors or ringing doorbells

Ill predict Ill be gone

filthpig

I believe that drivers in Memphrica, Dee-troit, DC and Chi-Town will have a guy riding shotgun packing a .50 cal chain gun. We will also be issued sidearms and given an ammunition allowance for the range on weekends. The "supply cage" will refer to the armory where all weapons will be checked in at the end of the day.
Most residential packages will be delivered from the curb (thrown as close to the porch as possible while slowing to 15 MPH)
We will be paid combat pay for certain zip codes.
Preloaders will start at $8.50
FT top out pay will be $55.00
We will wear body armor and kevlar helmets.
There will be no customer service department.
FedEx will be gone due to the race riots in Memphis in 2012. Entire hub burned. All executives held hostage for 200 days. Released after giving in to demands that Express drivers be paid same as Ground drivers. Company ceases operations next day.
The Postal Service will be out-sourced to the Chinese, and will cease operations in 2019. This is a direct result of a new postal regulation which stated that all mail must be addressed in Chinese, Spanish and (optional) English.
...more to come!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
FedEx will be gone due to the race riots in Memphis in 2012. Entire hub burned. All executives held hostage for 200 days. Released after giving in to demands that Express drivers be paid same as Ground drivers. Company ceases operations next day.
The Postal Service will be out-sourced to the Chinese, and will cease operations in 2019. This is a direct result of a new postal regulation which stated that all mail must be addressed in Chinese, Spanish and (optional) English.
...more to come!

By reading this last statement, How the heck could UPS do it?
If FEDEX went on strike, every hub and center would be so screwed. We can hardly contain Christmas volume as is. I'm sure we would have to hire former FedEx drivers because we wouldn't be able to train all the new routes that quickly

S

Star Trek

In the year 2020

No package cars! By the year 2020 we will all have a transporter disk at the front door to receive packages.

rocket man

will supervisors be real or a robot I DONT LIKE YOU ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP YOUR TERMINATED,...........:whiteflag:

feeder53

ADKtrails
I see technology taking a few more positions in the company and this will grow with the evolving technology. Where I work now there have been a great number of operations that have been replaced by technology and I get to see some of the future ones too. Remember Star Treck.....think of some of the tech that was in there that we use today.

Big Babooba

I see Local804, a member here, complaining that the Yankees haven't won the world series since 2000 and the Red Sox are now the team of the new century. After 86 years of misery, the Red Sox win 7 of the next 15 World Series, with UPS showing up at opening day each year to deliver the championship rings and banners!
ONLY 7 ???
WOW, I took a lot of heat for this one. Ok, let me make a more realistic prediction, Yankees will NOT win a World Series in 08.
or '09, or '10, or '11.........

filthpig

By reading this last statement, How the heck could UPS do it?
If FEDEX went on strike, every hub and center would be so screwed. We can hardly contain Christmas volume as is. I'm sure we would have to hire former FedEx drivers because we wouldn't be able to train all the new routes that quickly
Yeah, I was really serious with that post.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yeah, I was really serious with that post.

Yeah, it is something to think about
Even now when you hear about DHL bleeding money everyday
If FedEx bought them out, I would say no less than 40% of their volume would come back to us (they probably left after the strike)
It's something definitely to think about

UPS_carnage11

Can I reply to this old post?

I come from the future, the year 2022. Things got ugly. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you. Ehhhhh.....just buckle up around the year 2016. 2020 will be a doozy.
Good luck!

😂
The predictions were all hilarious. Some of them startlingly accurate.