UPS Internal Politics

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Its obvious that you dont work here, so why comment? Are soft ware people would not know what we the drivers need to do this job if it smacked them square in the face!

Your software sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your probably the nut job that came up with the new diad, where we have to switch form letters to numbers!(abc) You ever try scanning 100 international asds before 1030 am and still make the rest of your stops on time? Didnt think so!

My personal fave is how when you start to clarify a sig, and the software is supposed to automatically "know" you are doing so and will only input letters even if you hit a dual function key. We all know how this feature is a gigantic flop and you still have use the alpha toggle key. What a joke.

We actually have our own software writers?? Well I for one would not admit to being a part of that failure. I thought we got this crap from Bangalore or some other place that writes stuff for so many companies they can't keep the code straight. No braggin rights there.

randomUPSISer

Its obvious that you dont work here, so why comment? Are soft ware people would not know what we the drivers need to do this job if it smacked them square in the face!

Your software sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your probably the nut job that came up with the new diad, where we have to switch form letters to numbers!(abc) You ever try scanning 100 international asds before 1030 am and still make the rest of your stops on time? Didnt think so!

LOL! Yes alot of the UPS software does indeed SUCK. Thats why I said:

You should be happy for the over achievers at UPS IMO. They are the ones that help cancel out all the UNDER-achievers to make the work groups end up average.
There is more to software at UPS than operations items (DIAD, telematics, PFT, etc etc) There is SCS (automation), brokerage (lots of business rules on what can/cant clear) , freight, airline (interaction with FAA, airports, regulations, etc), billing, accounting, HR, Worldport (lots of automation), marketing, customer service, and many others.

MY internal customers all seem to be very happy. (Note: I do not, nor have I ever worked on Operations software)

Its obvious Operations customers arent very happy. However, is that the software development guys fault, or the business asking for it? (In the case of "operations" software, its mostly I.E. making the calls on what the software will do) I.T. doesnt make the call on what the software does, they implement what the business asks for. So long as its not crashing, the software is working correctly. Someone outside of I.T. just wanted it to do stupid stuff, for example, the auto complete feature you all are complaining about.

As for outsourcing it to Bangladesh, we are working on it. The business seems to think I.T. cost too much, and think they can get better results by shipping what you guys us halfway across the world. So far all reports I've heard suggest that the outsourcing is failing because they cant find the skill sets needed at the extremely low price UPS wants to pay. The company doesnt seem to realize that the "good" software guys in India have all left india via work visa to go to the USA where they get paid ALOT more.