UPS LA County Wage

wayfair

swollen member
And more earthquakes then Cali. Actually I like traveling through Ok. on the way down to Texas to visit our daughter.

the earthquakes here in Ok aren't really that bad... worst lasted like 12-15 seconds of just a "settling" quake

the ones in Cali cause a lot more damage...

bonus here in the midwest is that you get all four seasons!!! If you haven't experienced all four, well let me tell you, get prepared for some hot nights in the summer(I gotta Pool) and cold, snowy nights(sometimes Ice storms)during the winter... FUN FUN

the earthquakes here in Ok aren't really that bad... worst lasted like 12-15 seconds of just a "settling" quake

bonus here in the midwest is that you get all four seasons!!! If you haven't experienced all four, well let me tell you, get prepared for some hot nights in the summer(I gotta Pool) and cold, snowy nights(sometimes Ice storms)during the winter... FUN FUN
Don't mind the cold and snow, but you can have the freezing rain and ice. I can drive and walk on snow, not on ice.

MAKAVELI

Big earthquakes are rare and only occur every 30 or 40 years in any particular area.If I want to experience the four seasons, I just take a short drive to the mountains. What people not from Cali don't realize is we have everything and then some.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Brother is buying a 1400 sq ft house in the San Diego area for $500,000....

screw that
That is dirt cheap for any part of San Diego. Sounds like east county. Or in the ghetto. If it was a 1400 sq ft home in La Jolla it would be 1.5 million. I was looking at oceanside/Fallbrook (north county San diego) area for a house and commuting to orange county but the drive was just too far. But even in north county it was hard to find ANYTHING for as cheap as 500k. people don't realize how expensive southern California is. I'm born and raised southern California and I just transferred to the pacific northwest to escape it. For perspective im selling my 2 bedroom condo for 545k right now.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Earthquakes? Big ones only occur every 30 or 40 years bro. Flagstaff is nice but you won't be wearing shorts and sandals year round. As far as why I like California. One word, Diversity. Culturally and geographically, no other state compares.
Yeah.southern California has everything. If you wanna go snowboarding its an hour and a half drive to mountain high or big bear. If you wanna go surf its right there. If you wanna go off roading there is a ton of desert and sand dunes. If you wanna get a jet boat and go play in some lakes and the river its a short drive. Everything is just a couple hour drive. Its just very expensive and high taxes. Everything is just getting more expensive too. Also earthquakes aren't even a thing. I've only fealt a handful my 32 years there and they were all so small you barely even notice them.

MAKAVELI

Yeah.southern California has everything. If you wanna go snowboarding its an hour and a half drive to mountain high or big bear. If you wanna go surf its right there. If you wanna go off roading there is a ton of desert and sand dunes. If you wanna get a jet boat and go play in some lakes and the river its a short drive. Everything is just a couple hour drive. Its just very expensive and high taxes. Everything is just getting more expensive too. Also earthquakes aren't even a thing. I've only fealt a handful my 32 years there and they were all so small you barely even notice them.
Yea it is expensive but if you buy when you're young real estate in California is one of the best investments you can make to secure your retirement.

wayfair

swollen member
That is dirt cheap for any part of San Diego. Sounds like east county. Or in the ghetto. If it was a 1400 sq ft home in La Jolla it would be 1.5 million. I was looking at oceanside/Fallbrook (north county San diego) area for a house and commuting to orange county but the drive was just too far. But even in north county it was hard to find ANYTHING for as cheap as 500k. people don't realize how expensive southern California is. I'm born and raised southern California and I just transferred to the pacific northwest to escape it. For perspective im selling my 2 bedroom condo for 545k right now.
sorry, wasn't sure on area.. San Marcos area.

rod

Retired 22 years
*[I said:
imo[/I]- Flagstaff is the perfect city.

I remember the first time we went to the Phoenix area for a 3 week winter getaway. The people we were visiting drove us up to Flagstaff and when we got there we ran into snow. I remember screaming "get me the hell out of here---I didn't come all this way to see snow again".