UPS Newbie - Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

watdaflock?

Hopefully you have good communication skills and get hired to work in a call center. You can sit on your butt in a cubicle with your red stapler.

04.jpg

MassWineGuy

At my center, when they see youre moving fast, they make you do the whole trailer by yourself and put another sorter to keep up. Then your side torso starts to hurt due to all that twisting.

That would almost be funny, but it's not. UPS is constantly telling drivers to turn with your whole body, not just your upper torso. I guess they think this doesn't apply to other employees.

The Milkman

Not trying to be a peckerhead toward MILKYCEREAL BOY up here but that's the problem with these kids nowadays, they don't want to work hard, they want the easy road and the bad part about it all is, the parents raise their kids to be soft. The parents cant spoil their kids and raise them to be little bitches lmfao.

Hey Jump go easy on my nephew LOL...You are so right.......Everyone wants to be in a cubicle with all the comforts of home...no hard physical labor...One day on the road they will be hurtin. My co workers called me Milkman for a reason..I worked Smart, Kept my customers on my rte happy, had few complaints, told my management team at least twice a month that I Loved them, and was always able to find a nice hiding place to hang out on company time. They tried at times to work me up, but I just brushed off their attempts. My old saying to others in my ctr was "It's not what time you punch out........It's what time you get done" Must say I got them good for years.......Stayed off the radar..if you know what I mean........

ups_quitter

I quit after two months which included the holidays. Great work out, but just very unfilling work. The prospect of higher pay just to slave over society's unquenchable appetite for online crap is super depressing. I love hard work, so long as it is fulfilling. On the flip side, I understand the wage potential can do wonders for those with families to support and I wholly respect that. I guess one just has to figure out their long-term or medium-term goals and then quit or stay with no regrets. I sure have none.

I quit after two months which included the holidays. Great work out, but just very unfilling work. The prospect of higher pay just to slave over society's unquenchable appetite for online crap is super depressing. I love hard work, so long as it is fulfilling. On the flip side, I understand the wage potential can do wonders for those with families to support and I wholly respect that. I guess one just has to figure out their long-term or medium-term goals and then quit or stay with no regrets. I sure have none.
Too bad you want to stay around for a chance to make $100,000 a year plus free health care and a pension

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sound like a snowflake better go to your safe space and figure it out

What exactly is hard work that is fulfilling
Flipping burgers, sacking groceries, mowing lawns.
It’s called work for a reason

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
1EF9726C-EC0F-43F5-8011-05B036F6A84E.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We appreciate your efforts here , sorry you weren't offered top rate after your first week , I can't believe how the company's production has fallen since your departure!!
Have a good day playing your X Box today , and I hope mom makes you a great snack !