UPS tells customers they begin training management today on how to keep packages moving during a strike

HarryWarden

“UPS representatives told some customers Thursday that non-union management staff across the country would begin training for strike roles on Friday, according to a customer briefed on the plans by a UPS representative. The customer was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to learn about the contingency plans.”

“UPS told the customer, a mid-sized retailer, that it's prioritizing which customers will still receive service in the case of a strike and warned that many packages will require extra transit time.”

“While we have made great progress and are close to reaching an agreement, we have a responsibility as an essential service provider to take steps to help ensure we can deliver our customers' packages if the Teamsters choose to strike," a UPS spokesperson told Insider via email. "Over the coming weeks, many of our U.S. employees will participate in training that would help them safely serve our customers if there is a labor disruption."

shalang

Exactly. If both sides are saying how they’re 95% there, no one is picking up the phone to finish it up. GTFO
Based on what others have said here, many believe its all a show on both sides. Keep in mind UPS would love the Teamsters to unionize Fed Ex and Amazon so as to have an even, or even higher, playing field advantage. A strong contract for UPS will lay the framework for UPS and Teamsters to tackle the competition. This is like politics. Dont fall for whats in front of you.

Commercial Inside Release

Maybe Carol's "Better not Bigger" in the end, means employees, too. I'm starting to smell blood in the water... This morning, listening to the Hollywood elite speak down to the Screen Actors Guild, and further threaten them with AI. Maybe this is the 1% working together to hammer the final nail in the US working man's coffin.

Just seems like there are too many *holes at the top of the economy, and they're jumping at the chance to nail the working class (because they have a new hammer - AI & robotics.)

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Maybe Carol's "Better not Bigger" in the end, means employees, too. I'm starting to smell blood in the water... This morning, listening to the Hollywood elite speak down to the Screen Actors Guild, and further threaten them with AI. Maybe this is the 1% working together to hammer the final nail in the US working man's coffin.

Just seems like there are too many *holes at the top of the economy, and they're jumping at the chance to nail the working class (because they have a new hammer - AI & robotics.)
And you can thank the union loving democrats for lining up the last couple of nails with their economic destroying Covid/orange man bad fear mongering for quickening the process.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

What do you think UPS game plan is? I just do not see what they gain by waiting so long and I’m starting to think they actually do plan on going on strike.
There’s multiple issues on both ends. The new union leadership came in guns blazing in the last election promising everything not nailed down to the floor, they can’t go back to the rank and file with something that smells of back door compromise. The members seem hellbent to strike, just for the fun of it. The “record profits” mantra is kind of bogus. That was huge revenue driven by people forced to stay home and order in, it was never going to last and is going away. The company can’t pay out massive wage increases for future revenue that’s going down, while inflation remains high. UPS has been downsizing and trimming the fat off its business. There’s already been huge layoffs in my area at least. They don’t seem sad to see some pickup contracts go away and this brewing fear of a strike doesn’t seem to worry them either about work shifting to the competition. They might want to shrink themselves a little bit and that huge 8 billion dollar payoff to the shareholders might be a cover to lesson the blow of an already slowing business. I really don’t think it would be that hard for them to train a new delivery crew off the street and hurt for awhile until it gets well oiled. Or at least make it last long enough to burn through the strike fund and bring them back to the table. Plus congress did make the rail workers accept their contract last year. Probably a good shot at the government stepping in and forcing us back to work. Still got two weeks anyways.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
There’s multiple issues on both ends. The new union leadership came in guns blazing in the last election promising everything not nailed down to the floor, they can’t go back to the rank and file with something that smells of back door compromise. The members seem hellbent to strike, just for the fun of it. The “record profits” mantra is kind of bogus. That was huge revenue driven by people forced to stay home and order in, it was never going to last and is going away. The company can’t pay out massive wage increases for future revenue that’s going down, while inflation remains high. UPS has been downsizing and trimming the fat off its business. There’s already been huge layoffs in my area at least. They don’t seem sad to see some pickup contracts go away and this brewing fear of a strike doesn’t seem to worry them either about work shifting to the competition. They might want to shrink themselves a little bit and that huge 8 billion dollar payoff to the shareholders might be a cover to lesson the blow of an already slowing business. I really don’t think it would be that hard for them to train a new delivery crew off the street and hurt for awhile until it gets well oiled. Or at least make it last long enough to burn through the strike fund and bring them back to the table. Plus congress did make the rail workers accept their contract last year. Probably a good shot at the government stepping in and forcing us back to work. Still got two weeks anyways.
Are you rank and file, or management? Not that hard to hire 340k employees off the street? Bogus record profit mantra? I’m getting a strong smell of garbage from reading your post.
BEAT IT MANAGEMENT 🗑️

87brown

I truly don’t know what’s going to happen, but I do know this if in the event this strike goes longer than three weeks a lot of people will be crossing the line and I’m sure that’s what UPS wants. The sad part is we don’t even know what we’re striking for let us see what they’re offering I I personally have been working for the company for 36 years and every year I’ve received a raise at some point there Hass to be a top off. In the meantime I hope whatever we’re fighting for is worth possibly losing everything. It just seems like we are the sheep.

Faceplanted

I truly don’t know what’s going to happen, but I do know this if in the event this strike goes longer than three weeks a lot of people will be crossing the line and I’m sure that’s what UPS wants. The sad part is we don’t even know what we’re striking for let us see what they’re offering I I personally have been working for the company for 36 years and every year I’ve received a raise at some point there Hass to be a top off. In the meantime I hope whatever we’re fighting for is worth possibly losing everything. It just seems like we are the sheep.
If only there was a top off to inflation and ups profits

Have fun scabbing fam

moldsporh

The sad part is we don’t even know what we’re striking for let us see what they’re offering

I agree. While I trust the IBT, this is still playing with our livelihoods. There might be some who cannot afford to wait out a strike, safe bet many of the lower seniority fall into this.

All this talk does seen to follow suit with other contract negotiations, except there's far more social media involved fueling the fire year after year.

Zowert

I found this on Reddit. Kind of interesting.
IMG_2697.jpeg

Zowert

It’s probably fake. Also it seems the last and only issue is part time pay. Also Reddit mods are dorks. Can you please tell them that for me since they banned me
Most likely is fake, thought I’d share tho. It seems like a reasonable offer to RPCD’s. I’d like more but I would be happy with that.