UPS tells customers they begin training management today on how to keep packages moving during a strike

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ah,no. One week then you are on your own.

You are forgetting that Team Care is doing quite well, they currently have enough surplus.. Remember that UPS is just one of their contributors.

If there is a strike the Union is probably counting on it only lasting two weeks similar to the last one. If it lasts more then 3 weeks, expect the feds to get involved big time.

If the Company hires replacement employees with the intent of breaking the Union…we do not even want to think about it…

ManInBrown

I wish I had Teamcare.
No you don’t. I don’t have it either and even though benefits still continue during a strike the carve out Western/177 is superior. I’ll eat a few weeks with no benefits. Far outweighs having Teamcare. And if it’s more than three weeks no one has benefits because we are all out of a job.

Thebrownblob

You are forgetting that Team Care is doing quite well, they currently have enough surplus.. Remember that UPS is just one of their contributors.

If there is a strike the Union is probably counting on it only lasting two weeks similar to the last one. If it lasts more then 3 weeks, expect the feds to get involved big time.

If the Company hires replacement employees with the intent of breaking the Union…we do not even want to think about it…
At our joint council meeting, Teamcare said they would cover us for the duration of the strike, if necessary.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No you don’t. I don’t have it either and even though benefits still continue during a strike the carve out Western/177 is superior. I’ll eat a few weeks with no benefits. Far outweighs having Teamcare. And if it’s more than three weeks no one has benefits because we are all out of a job.
West/177 insurance ends one week after a strike as per the union. You pay COBRA after that.

ManInBrown

West/177 insurance ends one week after a strike as per the union. You pay COBRA after that.
Yes unfortunately. I’d still rather have it than teamcare. And like I said if I don’t have insurance for more than three weeks there’s bigger problems. We are all out of a job.

cynz

Was on vacation last week, we already have had three employees pass out, heat stroke. One driver, and two unloaders. I went in today, its like a furnace, no way would new hires stay.

DELACROIX

could you further explain this? Do you think that would be bad for them or for us?

Bad for us , bad for the Company… terrible for the economy…

Ain’t happening…despite what some are saying about “replacement workers”.

If you study the history of those who are expounding fear you will find out that most of them are management. Why they suddenly re appear and start posting just before a Contract is their issue,

DELACROIX

Was on vacation last week, we already have had three employees pass out, heat stroke. One driver, and two unloaders. I went in today, its like a furnace, no way would new hires stay.

But… they make (95,000 dollars a year)…

Yea… right. :rolleyes: