UPS Profits - Where does the money go?

Re-Raise

Re-Raise,

I am "all in" You can support or not support who you want to.

Not too hard to figure the vast majority of people that stay at home and collect dividends have worked LONG and Hard to get themselves in that position --as well as risking those funds everyday keeping people like you working. :sad-little:

Also are double taxed on their investments.

Surprise if all the UPS stock holders "cashed out" today --your poker game is OVAH !!!

People who are not disabled but are 'TAKERS' and live off OUR TAX money --not the government are low lives !!

Simple enough !!!:angry:

I understand the game. I have enough in the market that I make or lose a lot more in a day because of the the swings in the stock market than I do working.

Not that I think it is right. I believe that most people who live off their investments probably inherited their money. If the Republicans had come up with a candidate who the middle class could relate to , instead of Romney, they could have won the election.

In my opinion of course.

wayfair

swollen member
After all, you heart was in the right place with donating an item that cost you nothing so now you dig into your wallet to purchase a turkey for others each Christmas, yes?

dig into my wallet??? that donation comes out of the paycheck... do you have preferred parking on account of how much you donate??

wayfair

swollen member
??? Bad Company to make a profit -no turkeys or parties ----but pays EXCELLENT SALARY and BENEFITS for your work ????

Wish they were unprofitable had parties and gave out Turkeys --go Belly up next contract --like Hostess and they we can cry about how MANAGEMENT caused the Bankruptcy ????:sad-very:

In todays Global economy -with all the competition and many companies going out of business --unemployment skyrocketing ---Turkeys and Parties are your problem ???? Talk about TURKEYS.:wink2:

hostess went bankrupt years ago...

worldwide

dig into my wallet??? that donation comes out of the paycheck... do you have preferred parking on account of how much you donate??

Yes, I do, but donating for preferred parking is not the reason it's done...I could care less about preferred parking--I don't think there should be preferred parking for anyone based on donations, title, etc.

Its been my experience that the people that received turkeys courtesy of UPS and donated them to a local food bank, do not buy a turkey with their own money to donate but are the most vocal about the elimination of the free turkeys. I find that interesting.

wayfair

swollen member
the post was totally sarcasm, sorry you couldn't read that...

the turkey wasn't always donated, just last few times they were... we go out to eat on account of my younger siblings do not like traditional Thanksgiving Day meals.... but hey, we tip the servers... I digress

island1fox

:wink2:Cry Uncle or not -People Make CHOICES in life.

Some people decide to pay attention in school and become Rocket Scientists or Doctors.

Some people decide to Deliver Packages.

Some people decide to Take a risk on Thenselves and enter Management.

Some people decide to do nothing.

Whatever ---this is a free country with alot of opportunity ---pick up on it or not --but people should stop bitchin about the choices they make.:dissapointed:

FEGuy

Personally, I could care less about those damn turkeys. I gave mine away too. But to listen to these guys in management to blather on about how we should be so lucky to work for the generous Kings in the ties, well, I call uncle to that. There's nothing funnier to me, to listen to a driver supervisor complain to me about my numbers, saying I'm costing the company this much or that much, while they move a bean under three shells in their heated/air-conditioned office when the real work is being done out in the elements. Yeah, while I'm out on the streets, trying to figure out how to clean up another daily management friend-UP, and service the customers at the same time, pinhead in the too tight tie, is telling me not to turn left, not to back more than -- times a day and suck up another three hours of work in a day with no time left.

Yeah, we understand all about profits. It happens on our backs, not yours. So while you get twice your monthly salary for a X-Mas bonus, and we get bupkis, don't question why some union members bitch about a lousy $30 turkey that was buried years ago.

Aww. you poor pathetic thing. What a burden to carry that chip around on your shoulder all the time. But, you carry whatever you do carry on your back by your own choice, so it's a shame you are so bitter.
So, I'll just wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you come to terms with the pinheads you work for, er, with.

Griff

If you look at other companies such as Apple, Microsoft and other Fortune 500 companies, the profit margin is much larger.

Comparing tech company margins with a 100+ year old transportation company? The proper way to go about your argument or discussion would be to compare UPS to its peers in the industry. I stopped reading after this gaffe. What's next? Comparing UPS's P/E ratio with netflix?

Griff

I have a good idea to gain a larger percentage in profit. Fix the trace on all routes, minimize mileage, etc..

They already have a good plan and have been implementing it for the last few years -- cutting the fat in management. Increasing responsibility for those that remain and saying goodbye to those that want to sit in their office and look at BMW.com for the wife while real work gets done by the overpaid, lazy and uneducated union help.

In this business, we move stuff from A to B, that's the bottom line. If you aren't playing a crucial part in that very simple and uncomplicated process, your days are numbered. PAS/EDD was a shot across the bow to middle management. Now you have things like DIAD PCM's pumped directly to the driver. Right now it's a game of musical chairs, Scott Davis is playing the music and your local geniuses in management are jockeying for position so they aren't the one standing when the music stops.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Comparing tech company margins with a 100+ year old transportation company? The proper way to go about your argument or discussion would be to compare UPS to its peers in the industry. I stopped reading after this gaffe. What's next? Comparing UPS's P/E ratio with netflix?

Good points:

UPS has had a P/E ratio of 18% or higher for many years - it is currently ~22%.

UPS is essentially a Utility type stock which means a P/E ratio of 12 -16% is more appropriate historically. The key to Utility stocks is that they pay good dividends - typically 4% - 6% yield. UPS pays around 3% and that has only been in recent years. Some years it has been closer to 2%.

If you reduce the price of UPS stock to reflect a 16% P/E then the 3% yield is more in line with other Utility companies.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
AMEN!!!
I can't decide who I hate more, the people who do nothing and collect a check from the government which comes from my taxes, or the rich who sit around and do nothing and collect their dividend checks which come from my work.

That is why I can't decide whether to support the Democrats or the Republicans.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
It's a mistake to equate economic position with one's value to civilization. If recent events have shown us anything, they've demonstrated that our lives and fortunes are inexorably bound together. It takes many different people doing many different things for any country to thrive.

To say one if better than another is like saying an engine's oil pump is more valuable than an alternator.
You need them both.
:wink2:Cry Uncle or not -People Make CHOICES in life.

Some people decide to pay attention in school and become Rocket Scientists or Doctors.

Some people decide to Deliver Packages.

Some people decide to Take a risk on Thenselves and enter Management.

Some people decide to do nothing.

Whatever ---this is a free country with alot of opportunity ---pick up on it or not --but people should stop bitchin about the choices they make.:dissapointed: