ups should be nationalized

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
actually, my real question is Where does ups make their money? I do beleive they deliver on PUBLIC roads , should not the public benefit from this? if ups doesn't like being nationalized then let them build their own roads.

Your arguements hold no weight. UPS pays taxes like you and I - much more! UPS pays more taxes in a year to the government than you and your whole family will pay in their lifetimes. There is nothing immoral about profiting off of deliveries because its not a necessity for us to survive. Although I believe its immoral for those greedy health insurance company to try to make profits off of people's health, its their right that they are practicing, and nothing is wrong with that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your arguements hold no weight. UPS pays taxes like you and I - much more! UPS pays more taxes in a year to the government than you and your whole family will pay in their lifetimes. There is nothing immoral about profiting off of deliveries because its not a necessity for us to survive. Although I believe its immoral for those greedy health insurance company to try to make profits off of people's health, its their right that they are practicing, and nothing is wrong with that.

I fail to see the difference between a transportation company and an insurance company when it comes to making profit.

Good thinking. When the government takes over, they can take down the current UPS website and build their own website for us. They've done a stellar job with the health care website.

JL 0513

Snookbunny420, your ideas are so outrageous I don't know where to start. I can't even fathom you being serious, but then again we have half a country that is so misinformed and uneducated that they elected the man sitting in the oval office. They were even stupid enough to believe that the ACA was going to be great for the country and believed the lies, but I digress.

Let's play along.

Non-profit delivery system. You mean essentially how the post office is currently running? Billions in the red each year? Yup, "great for the people and the nation", If we, the taxpayers don't end up bailing them out, they will go out of business. 522,000 work for the Post Office. If the USPS doesn't change soon, what do you think will happen? Will that be good for the people and country?

All this liberal non-profit garbage. Clearly you have no idea how the world turns. Profit is a great thing, not evil as the communists like to tell you. Profit is the incentive by which we all do anything. If not for personal gain, very little would get done. Nothing would ever be improved. We'd still be living in caves. If Apple had never turned a profit, well there wouldn't be an Apple company, but there sure as hell wouldn't be any such thing as an iPhone or iPad. No profit, no R&D.

So you believe if it were nationalized, it would be "fair"? You mean we'd all make more money for our hard work? The average postal carrier is paid $23.30/hr. UPS pays its drivers about $33/hr. Surprised? Yeah, looks like the private sector is real unfair. UPS really takes advantage of it's workers. Getting the sarcasm yet?

You shouldn't be able to make a profit by way of using roads? Are you insane? If that were the case, guess what, grocery stores wouldn't exist and you'd starve to death because I guarantee that you cannot sustain yourself. In case you don't know what I mean, I'm talking about how the food gets anywhere. Roads. Obviously, the same goes for 100% of goods. Transportation companies do it strictly to make money, like all industries. People aren't in the volunteer business.

And if you have this idiotic idea that the government can do all this without the need to profit, well, where do you think they'd get the money? Oh yeah, through the taxed earnings from these companies. That would no longer exist. Then what?

I don't even know why I bother to try to educate such fools, because I know their skulls are so thick that nothing will sink in.

Snookbunny420, serious question: Why do you get up in the morning?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Snookbunny420, your ideas are so outrageous I don't know where to start. I can't even fathom you being serious, but then again we have half a country that is so misinformed and uneducated that they elected the man sitting in the oval office. They were even stupid enough to believe that the ACA was going to be great for the country and believed the lies, but I digress.

Let's play along.

Non-profit delivery system. You mean essentially how the post office is currently running? Billions in the red each year? Yup, "great for the people and the nation", If we, the taxpayers don't end up bailing them out, they will go out of business. 522,000 work for the Post Office. If the USPS doesn't change soon, what do you think will happen? Will that be good for the people and country?

All this liberal non-profit garbage. Clearly you have no idea how the world turns. Profit is a great thing, not evil as the communists like to tell you. Profit is the incentive by which we all do anything. If not for personal gain, very little would get done. Nothing would ever be improved. We'd still be living in caves. If Apple had never turned a profit, well there wouldn't be an Apple company, but there sure as hell wouldn't be any such thing as an iPhone or iPad. No profit, no R&D.

So you believe if it were nationalized, it would be "fair"? You mean we'd all make more money for our hard work? The average postal carrier is paid $23.30/hr. UPS pays its drivers about $33/hr. Surprised? Yeah, looks like the private sector is real unfair. UPS really takes advantage of it's workers. Getting the sarcasm yet?

You shouldn't be able to make a profit by way of using roads? Are you insane? If that were the case, guess what, grocery stores wouldn't exist and you'd starve to death because I guarantee that you cannot sustain yourself. In case you don't know what I mean, I'm talking about how the food gets anywhere. Roads. Obviously, the same goes for 100% of goods. Transportation companies do it strictly to make money, like all industries. People aren't in the volunteer business.

And if you have this idiotic idea that the government can do all this without the need to profit, well, where do you think they'd get the money? Oh yeah, through the taxed earnings from these companies. That would no longer exist. Then what?

I don't even know why I bother to try to educate such fools, because I know their skulls are so thick that nothing will sink in.

Snookbunny420, serious question: Why do you get up in the morning?

I think "the troll" is having a field day due to the amount of serious and genuine replies he/she is getting.

PhatAzz

actually, my real question is Where does ups make their money? I do beleive they deliver on PUBLIC roads , should not the public benefit from this? if ups doesn't like being nationalized then let them build their own roads.

but i do have a question. Who is john galt?

Was it a good read for you? It's a very thick book, not many pictures. How long did it take you to finish?

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Shoot, if we were nationalized, our SPORH and forced overtime would go down and we would not have to worry about our pension.

I say lets do it.