UPS should replace the entire fleet with non union workers.

ups hero

this must be a management troll or just a very unhappy and angry person. people like this would be the first to whine and cry if it happened to them.

maybe she's right. recall the minimum wage, ignore the contract, and bring over Pakistanis to work for $1 an hr. I bet the stock price would go up to $90 a share.

Heck, it's pretty much that price now. Yesterday I saw it at 89. Today it closed at 88 and some change.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Believe it or not, some of us actually do put forth our best effort. Union or non-union doesn't make it any different for me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The problem isn't the union. The problem is the Ftmers making way to much money to deliver boxes and ptmers getting shafted Bc most can't even afford to be part of the union and in turn have no voice, no vote, no hope! Greedy ftmers living beyond there means is what real problem is!!
Because your if you fail to do your job, someone doesn't get thier shoes. I fail to do some aspects of my job, I kill a van full of kids.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Work ethic is work ethic. Good or bad.
Exactly. So go after the people with a BAD work ethic, instead of making such wide generalizations. I come to work every morning with a good attitude, and I do what is expected of me. I would do the same if I was not union.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

The problem isn't the union. The problem is the Ftmers making way to much money to deliver boxes and ptmers getting shafted Bc most can't even afford to be part of the union and in turn have no voice, no vote, no hope! Greedy ftmers living beyond there means is what real problem is!!

You mean the greedy ftimers who put their time in as ptimers to work their way up to a good paying full time position? Or are you saying you'd just like to have the cake handed to you without earning it?

Yes cause I'm sure all of you waited 10-15 years for full time driving jobs. Things at UPS have obviously changed. No one can get a driver position in 2-3 years like the good ol days.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

So when and if you become friend/T you'd be more than willing to take a big pay cut?

When and if is the big question. And I'd be more then happy to take less than the average driver but being a driver is a long dead dream. 20 dollars plus benes, I feel is more then enough for a no skilled no education job... let's be honest, that way my harder working part-time brothers can get a piece of the pie.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

Because your if you fail to do your job, someone doesn't get thier shoes. I fail to do some aspects of my job, I kill a van full of kids.

My brain hurts from reading this, you make no sense... shoot yourself

Yes cause I'm sure all of you waited 10-15 years for full time driving jobs. Things at UPS have obviously changed. No one can get a driver position in 2-3 years like the good ol days.
When I went driving after 3 1/2 years I went to class with folks that had 5,6,7 or more years. There had not been the demand for drivers but UPS opened two buildings and there was the need.

When I went feeder 6 1/2 years later it was because of retirements and the opening of a new building and there was a need.

Location. I live an hour outside of Chicago, a huge metro area with numerous large hubs. Large buildings = large numbers of drivers. I've driven no less than an hour, even as a ptimer, to work for UPS. My hometown building has only 30 some drivers. I didn't apply there. Small building = less need.

Look at the economy over the years and corresponding volumes. Volume = need.

There are many factors other than what year it is. Got hired on the downslope of the economy? Live in po'dunk USA? No large hubs? Type of driving in your area leads to slow turnover and retirement? What affects you doesn't affect others. But crying about others that put in their time or the total of their paycheck, which unless you're Gandhi you would take in a heartbeat, will do little else than make you look like a spoiled child and draw animosity from others.

Johney

When and if is the big question. And I'd be more then happy to take less than the average driver but being a driver is a long dead dream. 20 dollars plus benes, I feel is more then enough for a no skilled no education job... let's be honest, that way my harder working part-time brothers can get a piece of the pie.
Well I see what you mean but can you really blame retirees and full timers for what has happened to the part time workforce at UPS? I mean they had a chance to vote on past contracts right?

When you make it make sure to give away everything above than $20 benchmark. On the plus side if you do it right it'll be tax deductable.

BrownSuit

Preloaders @ my hub are always ******* about how UPS has cut hours, UPS this & that. If i were management, i'd replace the entire fleet with people who will work hard without whining about 20 minute being cut per week.

First, what are you doing to address the fact that people are complaining? This is the first step to being in management is listening to and when able to, addressing employee concerns. When you are not able to, communicating those upwards.

Secondly, not sure what dream world you are in, but people complaining has nothing to do with the union. People would find something to complain about no matter what.

At the end of the day you may want to ask them "If it's really that bad, why do you work here?". I think you would be surprised at the answer. It however has nothing to do with union or non-union workforce. Also consider that you just came onto a public forum to complain about your co-workers complaints. Would you replace yourself?

mixyo

Dispatcher
Location. I live an hour outside of Chicago, a huge metro area with numerous large hubs. Large buildings = large numbers of drivers. I've driven no less than an hour, even as a ptimer, to work for UPS. My hometown building has only 30 some drivers. I didn't apply there. Small building = less need.
Do you work at Palatine by chance?

I have worked at UPS for 33yrs and in that time there have been in my building alone 9 heart attacks within the management ranks. 5 have gone on to work for UPS under ground...6 feet under! The reason for there stress is that they had no recourse for thier greivences and noone to atleast vent to. I would imagine that MR Upstate is one of the sups that will eventually have a heart attack! It was Unions that gave us the 8hr work day and sick pay and overtime pay and vacation and medical and the ability to deal with ignorant and overselous insecure managers. And I think you have your math wrong, its Union Shop=seniority= (respect)

Last edited by a moderator:

Loyal Teamster

Exactly. So go after the people with a BAD work ethic, instead of making such wide generalizations. I come to work every morning with a good attitude, and I do what is expected of me. I would do the same if I was not union.

kind of hard to do that, is 90% of a hub has poor work ethic, i'm speaking for preloaders only