UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

UPSandy36109

Your answer depends on variables.H ow long have you been with Brown? Is that your sole mean of income? Don't forget the bennies...free health insurance.

Basically, I'd say if you have another job, with benefits comparable to Brown, take the payout. But if you took the payout, I'd actually postpone it at least a month or two. People are forgetting that if you accept the offer now, December is the end of the tax year. Why not at least roll it over into s traditional IRA-even if it's just until January 2-and take what you want to then?
Ultimately, it's your choice. Imho.

Your answer depends on variables.H ow long have you been with Brown? Is that your sole mean of income? Don't forget the bennies...free health insurance.

Basically, I'd say if you have another job, with benefits comparable to Brown, take the payout. But if you took the payout, I'd actually postpone it at least a month or two. People are forgetting that if you accept the offer now, December is the end of the tax year. Why not at least roll it over into s traditional IRA-even if it's just until January 2-and take what you want to then?
Ultimately, it's your choice. Imho.
I was with UPS 20 years. I have another job with the same benefits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got offered close to $17K and I only have $2K in my bank account. Easy decision for me!

$17K less 20% is $13,600.

Do yourself a favor and do the math (monthly pension payment times 12 times the number of years that you are expected to live). You will find that the $17K is not nearly enough.

Were you part time your whole career?

I was part time my whole 16 year career. Part time sup for 15.5 years. My offer was $29.5K. My age 65 is roughly $700. I'm wasn't counting on it to live on in 2041 when I turn 65, so I'm going to pay off bills and recover the 30K they gave me and try to get back to 700 a month. Short term gain for, hopefully, long term freedom..

Danny1963

I got post card buyout and called thursday they system.so called back today know cant find me.Then put on hold and the lady came back and said lady next to her found me but call back so did got different person know cant find me again worked their 4 years pt and 6 yrs fulltime .the lady said wait for packet. They wasted hr of my time anybody else have that problem .hope not .they hire better people to answer phone and computers

Danny1963

Babbling about the great workers they got at 1800 num they got me all mixed up that cant spell. And couldnt find me the system .then put me on hold and she came back and said the next found me but have call back before tell me anything so did .and lady find name know so told wait to if I get packet since im on west coast .thanks answering my babbling

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Babbling about the great workers they got at 1800 num they got me all mixed up that cant spell. And couldnt find me the system .then put me on hold and she came back and said the next found me but have call back before tell me anything so did .and lady find name know so told wait to if I get packet since im on west coast .thanks answering my babbling

Maybe they can't understand your spelling...

wait for it...