UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Babbling about the great workers they got at 1800 num they got me all mixed up that cant spell. And couldnt find me the system .then put me on hold and she came back and said the next found me but have call back before tell me anything so did .and lady find name know so told wait to if I get packet since im on west coast .thanks answering my babbling

Could you type that one more time

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I was part time my whole 16 year career. Part time sup for 15.5 years. My offer was $29.5K. My age 65 is roughly $700. I'm wasn't counting on it to live on in 2041 when I turn 65, so I'm going to pay off bills and recover the 30K they gave me and try to get back to 700 a month. Short term gain for, hopefully, long term freedom..

you turn 65 in 2041? omg!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If someone retired today how much is their monthly pension? I'm clueless to all this stuff...meet the 80 requirement what do to get?

It means you are now 40 and you are at your peak physically and mentally.
Then, it's just total :censored3:ing downhill from there man!
Ahhh! Geez, ... it just :censored3:ing sucks!

And then you retire ... :its_all_good:
.​
The only difference between me at 40 and me at 30 is the huge pay increase I got after leaving UPS. I feel the same. I know I can do all the same physical :censored2: I did when I was 30, in fact, I think I'm stronger now. I wont consider downhill until about 50 or so..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
A cake and a plaque.
You must be in the big leagues. The only time we see cake here is Founders Day. 30 years in here, someone will at least be kind enough to hold the door open to keep it from smacking you in the ass when you leave.

You must be in the big leagues. The only time we see cake here is Founders Day. 30 years in here, someone will at least be kind enough to hold the door open to keep it from smacking you in the ass when you leave.
Every place I've been they've gotten a cake. I even get a cake every time I leave (transfer).

TonyC

$17K less 20% is $13,600.

Do yourself a favor and do the math (monthly pension payment times 12 times the number of years that you are expected to live). You will find that the $17K is not nearly enough.
I know, it would be 26 years before I could start collecting and about $423/month. With inflation, I don't think it's gonna be worth a whole lot in 26 years and I feel like I can do more with the lump sum right now