UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

T23

I loaded freight and drove P&D while starting my teaching career and completing graduate school. I worked for Motor Cargo then we were bought out by Overnite which became UPS freight. I worked for UPS freight for just over a year and they offered me a tidy pension buyout. I didn't realize I had one (Motor Cargo didn't) so I'm withdrawing the money and giving three equal sums to my children as an investment that they cannot touch until they're much older. Hopefully after 40-45 years it'll be worth much more to them than it would be for myself. My wife and I will have two great pensions when we retire so this is Monopoly money for me (or specifically my kids). I did remember buying tons of UPS stock for under $70 a share back in the day. It sits at $116 today. Thanks for the money UPS but I don't miss ya!

stephieclion

I did my ID online, but because I had to have spousal consent we had to snail mail that in. It shows that my process is complete, so I am just waiting. Kinda hoping to buy my oldest son a car for Christmas.
Was the option available to process the applications online? If so, I would think that they would complete the online applications first and the ones that were snail mailed in second.

If you need the money that quickly, take a cash advance off of your credit card and pay it back within 30 days to avoid the interest.

Leeann

My offer was 65k, 16 years full time non-union. 4 years management.
Part time employment counts for half year, I.e...4 years part time employment counts as 2 years.