UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

kenman31

Does any one know around when they send the payments out for those who will take the pay out?
This is how the process was explained to me from the administrators:

1. After the November 12th. - The individuals in Dallas finish scanning in documents into the system.
2. administrators in Virginia ensure those who are eligible have all of the documents required and then reconcile records.
3. The Atlanta Corporate (Retirement office) makes the final approval of the records and then the information is transmitted to Melon Bank on December 1st.
4. Mellon Bank will start to send checks out and Direct Deposits Mid December.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with these departments because I was declared eligible, then in-eligible back to eligible.

Upsea10

IRS.gov makes it sound like the 10% would not be applied until you file. This would make sense since you have 60 days to role it over and there are a few other exceptions when the 10% would not apply, like paying medical bills. But, I'm not the tax man , so who knows. Still can't understand how anyone is linking this to state taxes.

Upsea10

Looks like mine will be coming after the 15th. Oh well. I asked them again about the possibility of the 10% penalty and I was assured it won't be taken out because I don't have state income tax.
So, the Service Center is opening themselves up to a huge legal liability by giving out tax advice for specific states? I'd like to believe you, but I'm struggling a bit with this idea.

Carol Field

Please post when UPS special pension payment offer "payments"are actually received. Waiting on my rollover. I spoke to one person she said payments will go out from the 15th to the 31st. Wonder why they don't just start paying us? What are they waiting for?