UPS Stores replacing UPS counter jobs?

R

rushfan

Along with the volume, his profits have gone up quite a bit.
And it may help to go back to the franchisee board at yahoo to complain.

B

brown39

These aptly named lemons from mbe offer nothing more than a lesson in what NOT to do when you have to face honest competition for the first time.

L

lemon

"Along with the volume, his profits have gone up quite a bit."

How much? Gross profit or net profit?

"The side benefits to the volume being up at the UPS Stores is the additional foot traffic."

And yet, customer count at local "mature" UPS Stores is down by more than 10%. This phenomenon is not restriced to our area.

"These aptly named lemons from mbe offer nothing more than a lesson in what NOT to do when you have to face honest competition for the first time."

Interesting to note that we make more PROFIT than our closest UPS Store competitor. We will increase our edge in 2004, by responding to our customers needs, not by becoming a mini UPS hub. What's that lesson you were talking about, again?

C

capnroxxor

Is that competition supposed to come from your own franchisor?

T

tieguy

Hey upsers you think anyone will ever beat the Kansas City chiefs this year?

P

proups

I love these MBE people......not!

Again, if you don't like the UPS shield, get away from it. Everyone leaves a job in their lifetime eventually.....looks like your time has come!

C

capnroxxor

So I take it you believe that UPS cannot do anything wrong in this venture and that the individual storeowners shouldnt have proper representation at MBE corp and we should just take whatever Brown decides to do to us without protest? We dont have the option to strike after all.

P

proups

capnroxxor: UPS can and will make mistakes, as would any company in this type of endeavour.

The MBE owners who complain about everything UPS does while going through this transition are the ones that really get under my skin. Either give it a chance or get out - simple!

L

loyalmbe

Proups simply does not understand the difference between a "job" and a business that one has devoted his or her life savings in.

He has no right to tell anyone to get out. If we get under his skin, he apparently can't take it and he should get out.

H

hr

This situation seems to me to be a few opportunists looking to make an easy buck by finding a lawyer and going after the deep pockets of UPS. Remember, anyone can sue anyone for anything and many lawsuits are frivolous. Lawyers seem especially eager to go after big corporations because they have a better chance of hitting a jackpot if the case goes to trial.

P

proups

loyalmbe: when I speak the truth, it is obvious that it hurts you. For that, I am truly sorry.

You say I "do not understand the difference between a "job" and a business that one has devoted his or her life savings in." I'm back to my original point - it is all about the loss in profits you suffered as a result of not being able to unreasonably jack up UPS rates.

How about this: you don't understand the difference between investing 25 years of your life in a company that has provided well for you and your family. I do, and that is why I am so loyal to UPS.

That is also why it irks me to see people like you try to suck everything out of UPS because of your "life savings." It is all about the money - not the loyalty that makes a good UPSer. Again, if you don't want to be a part of the team, you have a choice!

By the way, if you have time to post on the web during a business day, you are either closed for Columbus Day (UPS isn't - I got the day off), or your "pleasant" personality has driven away business. Which is it?

D

dannyboy

MBE

If you have truly invested your life's savings in your business, there is a saying that involves placing all your eggs in one basket..........

Now, if you just have one store, chances are, unless it is in a very good location, you will have it hard. That is why many of the MBE's have multiple stores. That allows the better ones to carry the others while they under perform. But if all you have is one, and you have to pull your wages out of that store to survive, well sorry.

Try doing some advertising. All my UPS stores are running adds, Radio, TV, Papers, etc. None of them are just waiting for the ship to come in, they are going after it.

d

L

loyalmbe

>>By the way, if you have time to post on the web during a business day, you are either closed for Columbus Day (UPS isn't - I got the day off), or your "pleasant" personality has driven away business. Which is it?<<

You ever stop to think that owners can take a day off - that owners may have employees covering the counters during certain hours - that 8:43 in one time zone is 5:43 in another time zone - that it is simply none of your business when someone else chooses to post?

Actually, I was open on Columbus Day, though that is my choice not UPS's. I do understand UPS is trying to dictate the hours and the days of operation for every store. Fortunately, this ain't gonna happen! - You get a paycheck from UPS, you have to do what they say. I own my business, UPS is only one vendor, if they want my business they gotta earn it.

L

local804

MBE has a good point......Got to give credit where credit is due
pimp.gif

L

loyalmbe

gee, lie guy, I almost kicked the slats out of my cradle the first time I heard that, back during World War Two.

C

capnroxxor

This was posted at Yahoo:

==================================================
Looks like its coming. UPS Stores are soon to become ADLs (alternate delivery locations). UPS Stores have some concerns:
===============================================
many concerns about adl ....
o compensation level
o liability
o storage space
o paper work
o etc ...

how long do you think it will take this ups customer- who is not able to be at home to get the package delivered (up to 7pm) -will take to pick up the package at your store? package delivered to your store on mon 10/6 customer does not get home from the office until 7:30pm, after your store closes, was going to pick it up on sat 10/11 but is out of town, will be sure to get it on sat 10/18 ....oh yea 13 days in your store! by the way it's a $2000 dell computer package, cpu, a 19" monitor (not a flat panel) and a printer ....opps is that a damaged box.......

what's ups paying on this? How about storage charges grace period?, $/day, - how long to you have to keep it/ inventory this before you send it back? what forms have to be submitted to ups to get paid, follow-up time, what i.d. does customer provide to pick up item, be sure to file this i.d. and all related paperwork(3years) in case ups needs proof later on etc, etc, etc....
===============================================

This is a direct example of UPS Stores doing counter personel work, probably for peanuts. That means less need for counter hours, and less need for teamster counter personel.

T

tieguy

Why pisloyal I would imagine its something you've heard about your whole life.