UPS theft

qdg2

Blame UPS management for that too…
Newsflash: ANY theft at UPS facilities or in public is UPS's management's fault. THEY OWN THE COMPANY.

Sometime about 5 years ago, things(like security) began to change at UPS. I worked out of an older building then moved to a brand new, much larger facility. It really started with the inbound/outbound procedures....this was known as auto-inbound/outbound. Consider: every feeder used to be visually checked with paperwork and seal(at least where we were). Over time.....this became less and less to the point of hardly stopping for feeders. Which meant(with the advent of PDV's...) ANY car could enter the facility....without narry a look. At my facility, you could enter the property without being challenged. Literally walk or drive in. Walk into the building and have access to sensitive areas like air docks etc. Anywhere without a locked door. Imagine: a personal vehicle drives in.....pkgs laying everywhere.....open the trunk, grab pkgs.....off you go. It happened at our facility. Used to be that ANY personal vehicle had to have a placard given by security. It was rare to see personal vehicles on property inside the fence. Now, mgt parks INSIDE the facility....I personally witnessed homeless people in Fresno walk in and use the facilities(bathroom).....employees told me "Yeah, she comes in and bathes...." This person was absolutely unchallenged. MOF, she walked right past the abandoned security shack(at the entrance).

Contractors and PDV's just multiplied the possibilities exponentially. The pandemic blew whatever was left of security. The notion of no touch turned into no challenge. The "security" went inside their shacks and literally never came out. This is all settled history. Consider all the rental box trucks we have......to anyone at UPS, they see pkgs being loaded.....it's quite normal. As seen on BC....most could care less. Now, add in folks with masks over their faces....see?

This is what UPS Mgt. decided and APPROVED.

Can UPS's facilities be more secure? Absolutely. IT IS UP TO MGT.

UPSER1987

Newsflash: ANY theft at UPS facilities or in public is UPS's management's fault. THEY OWN THE COMPANY.

Sometime about 5 years ago, things(like security) began to change at UPS. I worked out of an older building then moved to a brand new, much larger facility. It really started with the inbound/outbound procedures....this was known as auto-inbound/outbound. Consider: every feeder used to be visually checked with paperwork and seal(at least where we were). Over time.....this became less and less to the point of hardly stopping for feeders. Which meant(with the advent of PDV's...) ANY car could enter the facility....without narry a look. At my facility, you could enter the property without being challenged. Literally walk or drive in. Walk into the building and have access to sensitive areas like air docks etc. Anywhere without a locked door. Imagine: a personal vehicle drives in.....pkgs laying everywhere.....open the trunk, grab pkgs.....off you go. It happened at our facility. Used to be that ANY personal vehicle had to have a placard given by security. It was rare to see personal vehicles on property inside the fence. Now, mgt parks INSIDE the facility....I personally witnessed homeless people in Fresno walk in and use the facilities(bathroom).....employees told me "Yeah, she comes in and bathes...." This person was absolutely unchallenged. MOF, she walked right past the abandoned security shack(at the entrance).

Contractors and PDV's just multiplied the possibilities exponentially. The pandemic blew whatever was left of security. The notion of no touch turned into no challenge. The "security" went inside their shacks and literally never came out. This is all settled history. Consider all the rental box trucks we have......to anyone at UPS, they see pkgs being loaded.....it's quite normal. As seen on BC....most could care less. Now, add in folks with masks over their faces....see?

This is what UPS Mgt. decided and APPROVED.

Can UPS's facilities be more secure? Absolutely. IT IS UP TO MGT.
Newsflash…you can’t read….shrugs shoulders. My comment was regarding the fedx trailer being looted. Is ups management responsible for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

qdg2

Newsflash…you can’t read….shrugs shoulders. My comment was regarding the fedx trailer being looted. Is ups management responsible for that? What a dipwad
I can read. Your real intent was to exonerate the failures of UPS Mgt to prevent theft and improve security at UPS.
lol…you say nothing new ..no solutions..same :censored2: in hundreds of thousand of posts…so gd predictable if not even funny
So, what are your solutions?

I've outlined several critical flaws in the UPS security system.

Btw, the thread is UPS theft . Can you read?

UPSER1987

I can read. Your real intent was to exonerate the failures of UPS Mgt to prevent theft and improve security at UPS.

So, what are your solutions?

I've outlined several critical flaws in the UPS security system.

Btw, the thread is UPS theft . Can you read?
Lol you are the definition of a bully.

You tell me what my real intent was (which is inaccurate) while crying to mommy when you get your feelings handed to you.

Shrug shoulders.

qdg2

Lol you are the definition of a bully.

You tell me what my real intent was (which is inaccurate) while crying to mommy when you get your feelings handed to you.

Shrug shoulders.
Well, you are doing both bullying and a personal attack. That said, if we were all treated fairly(held to the same standard in banning)(we are not) I would have less to say about it. I stand by my words.

You're true intentions......

UPSER1987

Well, you are doing both bullying and a personal attack. That said, if we were all treated fairly(held to the same standard in banning)(we are not) I would have less to say about it. I stand by my words.

You're true intentions......
If you are that sensitive, you probably shouldnt be on a public forum.
That being said, I should report you for your personal attack of misrepresenting my true intentions.

Shrugs shoulders

Zowert

Maybe the IBT should pay for weekend security. Otherwise big shippers might read this story, get scared that it isn't all getting delivered and go elsewhere. We could lose thousands of teamster jobs! Maybe they should suck it up and pay for the security just for the 4 weeks of peak, then we'll figure something else out.
Back in the day Teamsters didn’t have to worry about security. If you stole from a business the Teamsters represented you’d wake up on a dock with cement shoes. Times have changed, UPS can hire rent-a-cops on the weekend.

qdg2

If you are that sensitive, you probably shouldnt be on a public forum.
That being said, I should report you for your personal attack of misrepresenting my true intentions.

Shrugs shoulders
That being said, again......it would be ok if there was fairness for banning.

Hot Carl

Not shocking when you have dozens of trailers loaded with thousands of packages, placed outside with nothing but a zip tie keeping the doors closed. Our building has no gates. No security cameras. No guard shack. We had a security guy for a bit but he was fired for sleeping in a bathroom stall on the clock. Our building busted a thief ring a few years back. Loaders were taking phones out of the trailers and taking them to the bathroom and flushing the cardboard. The pipes backed up and they found the cardboard and they set up a sting and got em.
We had a driver a few years ago who was pretending to help his loader while taking high value packages off the belt that were dispatched to other routes into his own truck. On the way to his route, he would back into his driveway, unload everything into his garage, and be on his way.

Sometimes I wonder what he’s up to these days.

34yearpackagehumper

We had a driver a few years ago who was pretending to help his loader while taking high value packages off the belt that were dispatched to other routes into his own truck. On the way to his route, he would back into his driveway, unload everything into his garage, and be on his way.

Sometimes I wonder what he’s up to these days.
That was pure greed ! I made enough money to buy anything I wanted. Sooner or later most thieves get caught .