ups up $.70 FDX up $5.33 on buyout rumors

moreluck

golden ticket member
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UPS (NYSE:UPS - News) will announce its second quarter results on Tuesday, July 24, 2007, at approximately 7:45 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

I

Investor

Hopefully the rest of UPS operations isn't being managed as poorly as the LI,NY District or we're in for another stock drop.

I hope they've already put the muzzle on scotty so he doesn't say stupid stuff on the conference call and make the stock drop $12 like he did last july.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The pre-reporting buzz says that UPS will report somewhere in the range of $1.00 to $1.05. The ANALysts are expecting $1.03.

UPS better be $1.03 or higher or we're screwed tomorrow.

UPS Lifer

I hope they've already put the muzzle on scotty so he doesn't say stupid stuff on the conference call and make the stock drop $12 like he did last july.

This is the guy who is being prepped as the next CEO! This company has so much potential could you imagine where we would be if we had a real leader from the outside come in, change the culture to take us to the next level! We could be the Exxon of the transportation sector....Well, maybe I am dreaming a little:w00t:!!!

Anyway - as I post this the stock is up $1.32...I will take it:thumbup:

A

Anonymous Investor

This is the guy who is being prepped as the next CEO! This company has so much potential could you imagine where we would be if we had a real leader from the outside come in, change the culture to take us to the next level! We could be the Exxon of the transportation sector....Well, maybe I am dreaming a little:w00t:!!!

Stock closed up $0.14. Good news = flat stock. Being public sucks - someone take us private again!

W

westsideworma

Given the business Exxon is in (and the fact most regular people place them pretty high on their hitlists lol) they're not doing anything revolutionary, just rolling in money due to their ridiculous prices. I'm not sure we'd survive being the Exxon of the transportation sector, do you realize how much we'd have to raise our rates? :w00t: jk

Last edited by a moderator:

ihadit

Never count your chickens before they hatch,,,,,,,only up $.14

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
No kidding. I realize UPS raised a lot of cash going public, but we did so much better when we were private.:mad:

This subject was debated several months ago but I really think UPS will go private again. It won't happen until it can be done without spending 20+ billion dollars but that having been said, when the time is right, UPS will be a privately held entity once again IMHO. Rocky

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rocky....you may be right. I found this blurb buried in a Cramer article on the earnings report of yesterday.

"During the quarter, UPS repurchased 21 million shares, reducing total shares outstanding by 1.7%. "

Is that how it starts?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
"During the quarter, UPS repurchased 21 million shares, reducing total shares outstanding by 1.7%. "

Is that how it starts?

Yes and no. UPS may have been trying to prop up the share price by doing so, or so a poster a few months ago thought when this topic was debated. Companies buy back shares all the time but for different purposes. UPS has defied logic and/or explanation from where I sit a number of times. I couldn't begin to guess if this is the start of going private again or not. You're talking to an Arts and Humanities student lol. -Rocky