UPS worth less than.....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jackburton, May 21, 2012.

1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Facebook? Even after it dropping more then 10% below the IPO? What do they actually do to contribute to society as a whole besides humanities narcissism? Don't worry, we're not the only ones worth less according to the valuation of stock.
    Facebook Is Worth More Than These Companies? - Seeking Alpha

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No one has any idea if Facebook can actually make money. That's why most people are advising to do nothing for a long while. The only two people I heard say buy was only after it falls below $25.

3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The problem is it wouldn't have the worth it has now if people didn't buy it at the IPO. Suckers looking for a quick buck and never saw the pop now are regretting it, greed and hype is all it is. What happened to buying into a company with good financials and a product you believe in?

4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

The more people talk about Facebook the more it perpetuates itself. I've never heard of it. ;)

5. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Welcome to America! Where the businesses that shouldn't actually have a logical purpose are the ones that succeed the most.

But seriously, I completely agree with you. All the money and resources wasted on needless/irrelevant business is confounding.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It may be ironic that the reason a lot of people are on facebook (no advertising) may be the downfall of their decision to go public.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Bought it and sold it in one day.

8. klein

klein Für Meno :)

How they came up with opening up that stock at 100 times the value, beats me.
    Eventually, these shares will be trading under $10 per share, and rather sooner than later.

In 85 days nthe new millioniares and billionaires at facebook (on paper), will also be entitled to cash out their shares, and will probably want to buy a home, new car, etc with their new riches.
    PLus, a lot of people are short selling this stock, added altogther, stop losses will kick in, and further bring the price down.

9. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

What do they actually do to contribute to society ???

That's the same question asked to the Kardashians, Kendra, Jill Zarin, Jesus Barbie Alexis Bellino..........

10. splozi

splozi Guest

Expecting/requiring every entity, person, etc to contribute something to society can lead down a dangerous path.

11. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​How did you make any money on it? It closed for only cents more than opening.

12. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

Facebook has access to 1/5 of the world's population

the revenue to be gained from data mining is gigantic

13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Opened at 38. Sold at 45.

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This.

A friend of mine is a consultant that specializes in helping companies' optimize their FB presence and effectively mining FB data for sales. He is on the road constantly, but is also paid very, very well.

15. moreluck

What did the buy cost you?
    What did the sell cost you?
    What are your tax implications 'cause you made profit?

16. klein

It'll be down another 5-6% today.
    He was 1 out of 96 million to sell it for $45.00, he did pretty well !
    Also only one of a few thousand to get it at $38.

17. moreluck

Apple went up $30 yesterday!!

18. klein

If this keeps on going, facebook will be worth less than UPS by the end of the week (Fridays fb market cap at opening was $104 Billion, today already trading over 7% lower with a current market cap at 12:41 mdst at $87 Billion. (UPS has around $72 Billion market cap).

19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Because all those who didn't see the "pop" on FB stock went back to APPL.

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I have to admit I don't generally like most of your posts but you actually know what you're talking about in this thread.