US Economy

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ups wouldnt be pushing so hard for the senate and the house to get it done. it is even a story on here about it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lmao, you got to be kidding right. Do you know how much extra money ups gets if that goes through

Please show me where the tax laws dictate that any money saved as a result of a corporate tax restructuring must be used to give the employees a pay raise.

This is why I prefer not to talk economics with the uninformed.

Jkloc420

Please show me where the tax laws dictate that any money saved as a result of a corporate tax restructuring must be used to give the employees a pay raise.

it means ups has more money and if are union is any good they will request equipment upgrades and better raises. It is called being smart

Jkloc420

you do realize it is contract negotiations right

Jkloc420

Again, this is why I prefer not to interact with uninformed.
why do you think the contract was voted down twice the last time and then forced through. Do you think members are going to let ups off the hook, knowing they get a 20 percent corporate rate.

vantexan

Who's saying the tax laws dictate it? But negotiations aren't about giving one side a much better deal than the other. It's about reaching an agreement both parties can live with. If the union wants more money, and the company has more money, stands to reason the company may have to be generous enough to keep the union happy. And avoid a strike.

Jkloc420

Who's saying the tax laws dictate it? But negotiations aren't about giving one side a much better deal than the other. It's about reaching an agreement both parties can live with. If the union wants more money, and the company has more money, stands to reason the company may have to be generous enough to keep the union happy. And avoid a strike.
they dont understand