US Economy

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
He's anti-immigration illegal or otherwise. Economists agree we need more immigration to increase GDP growth.
He's anti-free trade, dropped out of the TPP negotiations, doesn't like NAFTA, wants to increase tariffs and start trade wars. Protectionism will not grow the economy.
wages go up with less immigration, immigration is used to hold wages down.

newfie

He's anti-immigration illegal or otherwise. Economists agree we need more immigration to increase GDP growth.
He's anti-free trade, dropped out of the TPP negotiations, doesn't like NAFTA, wants to increase tariffs and start trade wars. Protectionism will not grow the economy.

when did economist ever endorse illegal immigration

how does having a 300 billion dollar trade imbalance with one country help our country.

Jkloc420

and he isnt anti-free trade. He believes countries should negotiate between each other instead of pacts. Nafta needs revamped and better terms

rickyb

TPP wasnt really about trade. see lori wallach for more.

NAFTA was awful and takes away government power and gives it to corporations. public citizen trade watch for more.

these are the few things trump is actually doing kinda good at.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ok. Immediately after the election republicans flipped their view on the economy. The same economic indicators were seen as positive when under Obama everything was terrible. Republicans are idiots, so yes I guess if half the country starts viewing the same facts as positive that they once viewed as negative it will impact consumer confidence. The economy didn't change, just morons started believing in what was happening in reality.

I'm sure there are a few democrats that work for UPS... :lol:

UPS Commends Senate On Release Of Tax Reform Bill That Will Stimulate Economic Growth

“From our perspective it’s clear--when GDP increases, more people ship packages—this translates into more planes, more vehicles and more people to sort and deliver,” said UPS Chairman and CEO David Abney. “With a lower and permanent corporate tax rate and a competitive international tax system, our economy will see accelerated GDP growth, investment and job creation.”

BrownArmy

UPS Commends Senate On Release Of Tax Reform Bill That Will Stimulate Economic Growth

“From our perspective it’s clear--when GDP increases, more people ship packages—this translates into more planes, more vehicles and more people to sort and deliver,” said UPS Chairman and CEO David Abney. “With a lower and permanent corporate tax rate and a competitive international tax system, our economy will see accelerated GDP growth, investment and job creation.”

But isn’t that the question?

Will GDP increase if we cut taxes for corporations and the richest amongst us?

Supply-side/trickle-down economics has a decidedly shady record...

Jkloc420

ups wants tge 20 percent corporate rate, and are union should to. This is a big deal for contract negotiations

It will be fine

Wow, a multimillionaire CEO thinks the tax cuts will be great and spins some trickle down nonsense. I'm convinced.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well the corporate rate has always been high. Lower it significantly, put more money into the corporations' hands, and that fact will be of keen interest to contract negotiators.

From what I have been told, the Company has a set amount that they and the Union work together to divide between our wages, H&W and pension. Lowering the corporate tax rate would not necessarily increase the amount that they set aside.

What if they decide to invest their new found largesse in to technology rather than investing in their people?

vantexan

From what I have been told, the Company has a set amount that they and the Union work together to divide between our wages, H&W and pension. Lowering the corporate tax rate would not necessarily increase the amount that they set aside.

What if they decide to invest their new found largesse in to technology rather than investing in their people?
They very well might. But it's hard for them in negotiations to say they just don't have the money if that rate goes way down.