US national debt

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe with the proper editing, the film clips will all show the 'dog & pony' show....with all the clapping & celebration.............implying that the Democrats OWN the debt agreement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
177322.JPG

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, I just asked a question that everybody in the US wonders about because her recovery has been quite secretive.

If my CPA that does my taxes was shot in the head, say during a robbery.....I would sure be skeptical about him doing my future taxes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Charles Krauthammer.........
"I think one of the great achievements here is the debt ceiling is no longer a nullity. You know, the Democrats are arguing why are we doing this? We raised it 78 times since 1960 without anything happening. Yes, that's the point. That's why we're in the trouble we are today. We went 40 years ignoring what really was happening every time we raised the debt ceiling.

Well now because of the "Boehner rule," which he invented on his own out of whole cloth in that speech he gave at the New York Economic Club a few months ago, in which he said a dollar of the debt ceiling increase has to be matched by dollar of spending cuts, which Jay Carney is right there is no logical connection, but now a political, indelible connection. Every time the debt ceiling comes up there is going to be a debate in the country. This is a real success."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/speci...deal-president-pivots-back-jobs#ixzz1U0YWcNci

I was being sarcastic. People around here seemed to act like a congress woman shouldn't be in congress for some reason.
I have noticed that some of the women are being criticized pretty heavy, but never related it to sexism. I don't care for several of the women "politicians" but their gender is not the reason.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, I just asked a question that everybody in the US wonders about because her recovery has been quite secretive.

If my CPA that does my taxes was shot in the head, say during a robbery.....I would sure be skeptical about him doing my future taxes.
Well she's not your representative, so what do you care?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would like to be assured that every vote in congress comes from a "sound mind". Although I could name about 20-22 non-sound minds that are there right now.

klein

Für Meno :)
She did vote with a sound mind !
Unlike you, that wanted the government to default and not pay their debts and treasury bills, making the US dollar less valued then the Peso !

moreluck

golden ticket member
The US had the money to pay their debts. There just wasn't an allowance for Obama to go crazy with. I wonder how much he'll want to give to Haiti with the hurricane down there and they haven't fixed anything since the EQ.

moreluck

golden ticket member
She did vote with a sound mind !
Unlike you, that wanted the government to default and not pay their debts and treasury bills, making the US dollar less valued then the Peso !

I was not questioning which way she voted.............I questioned whether or not she understood why she was there and what a yes vote meant and what a no vote meant. Mainly because, up to that point we'd heard very little about her progress or lack of it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would like to be assured that every vote in congress comes from a "sound mind". Although I could name about 20-22 non-sound minds that are there right now.

Michele Bachman is a sound mind??

Give me a break! I think its safe to say AMERICA agrees with me on this one and not YOU.

Of all the republicans that voted yes on this debt deal NEVER READ THE BILL by their own admission. The other TEA PARTY TERRORISTS who voted against it, NEVER READ THE BILL despite their pledges to READ every bill BEFORE they VOTE on it.

This week , the stock market crashes like I said last week, and tomorrow (friday) its gets destroyed affecting all americans including all of us on this board.

The repubilcans repeated grandstanding on the debt has caused this crash of all markets around the world. The fear they are creating is going to affect us all negatively. If you have a childs 529 investment account, today you lost your rear end. If you have a 401K, you just took a big hit, and tomorrow its going to be worse.

The republicans are trying to kill this economy right before the start of the republican primaries so they can use it in campaign slogans. The FAA is on the street because the GOP wont pass a clean bill to put workers back to work.

UPS has lost value for weeks now and is heading downward.

The republicans have never brought an economy forward and to believe they can do it now is foolish.

Congrats TEA PARTY TERRORIST, you tanked a nation.

Peace.