US national debt

wkmac

Like it or not, we're stuck 'til the next election ......unless Obama does something dreadful like murder someone, then I think we could get rid of him.

I've been saying his war policy is just that but you guys keep resisting me on it. I think it has to do with the broader implications of what it would also say about the very elected people you support so we're just at a stalemate aren't we?

:happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
Unlike Klein,I feel bad about this.Being that you are our biggest trading partner, the big bucks" will still be made by the same chosen few.
I have no idea how your voting system works,but if Americans get to vote at all,how could it come to this?
Can you impeach all of 'em? Start over with people that love America more than money?
If anything,what do you think our government could do to help?

You should be happy and proud, you'll soon be earning more then your USA counterparts, without even getting a raise ! LOL

klein

Für Meno :)
TODAY - July 30, 2011
debt-metrolarge.jpg

Countries with the best debt ratings

There are only 17 nations that have a stamp of approval when it comes to how much they owe. Prestigious group

Amid the contentious debt ceiling debate, the United States is at risk of being booted out of a prestigious group of countries that boast a spotless credit rating.
Only 17 countries in the world -- currently including the U.S. -- hold the highly coveted triple-A rating from both Standard & Poor's and Moody's. (S&P rates an additional three countries as triple-A, that aren't featured on Moody's list).

aaa-club.top.gif

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reid said yesterday......with Shumer & the other guy beside him........."Unless we vote for my bill...." something about the nation in trouble. Yet, when challenged to take a vote on his bill by McConnell, be was flustered. His bluff was called and he freaked!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reid said yesterday......with Shumer & the other guy beside him........."Unless we vote for my bill...." something about the nation in trouble. Yet, when challenged to take a vote on his bill by McConnell, be was flustered. His bluff was called and he freaked!

I just thought of the name of the other guy....Dick Durbin. I knew it was D.D. but then I couldn't get Dunkin Donuts out of my head!!:dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
People complaining that the Republicans were filibustering......but when McConnell said "let's vote on the Reid bill', Reid himself was backpeddling and talking like crazy. He said Reps. were using delaying tactics when Reid himself didn't let the Senate vote on the Reid bill........Reid is the ultimate delayer chicken to call a vote on a bill he designed. We need a "Searchlight" to find his brain!!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I like this quote from your article Mac.

"In truth a late payment would expose government for what it is, in case anyone forgot. The lesson would be instructive. Government is not some higher super-competent entity like the man pretending to be the Wizard of Oz wanted the people to think he was. It’s a coercive organization of limited, flawed, and essentially ignorant men and women who, having been anointed in an election after campaigns hawking snake oil, are presumptuous enough to think they are capable of making wise decisions on our behalf." Sheldon Richman

Nice!:thumbsup:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"......limited, flawed, and essentially ignorant men and women who, having been anointed in an election after campaigns hawking snake oil, are presumptuous enough to think they are capable of making wise decisions on our behalf.......

This so describes people like Sheila Jackson Lee, Barney Frank, San Fran Nan, Charlie Rangel, Harry Reid.......I remember Harry Reid in an interview a long time ago saying he was going to Washington to spend the people's money because that's what he was elected to do.

wkmac

I like this quote from your article Mac.

"In truth a late payment would expose government for what it is, in case anyone forgot. The lesson would be instructive. Government is not some higher super-competent entity like the man pretending to be the Wizard of Oz wanted the people to think he was. It’s a coercive organization of limited, flawed, and essentially ignorant men and women who, having been anointed in an election after campaigns hawking snake oil, are presumptuous enough to think they are capable of making wise decisions on our behalf." Sheldon Richman

Nice!:thumbsup:

Tony,

Here is the entire article from which Sheldon's quote was taken which you might enjoy.