US solider freed from captivity in Afghanistan

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Now...for his release....Our President took it upon himself to negotiate with known terrorists. When in our history has America EVER done that? Now terrorists know that they can abduct American citizens to gain what they want. No one is safe.

Are you farking KIDDING me??? Regan was behind the Iran Contra scandal. He armed both Iran as well as terrorists in Nicaragua in the hopes of freeing seven hostages in Lebanon.
here is what one source says:

It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the United States would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages. The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[8][9] Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua.[10][11]

this was all swept under the rug by a republican congress,and anyone who had been used as a Scapegoat was pardoned by King George the First in the last days of his presidency

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are you farking KIDDING me??? Regan was behind the Iran Contra scandal. He armed both Iran as well as terrorists in Nicaragua in the hopes of freeing seven hostages in Lebanon.
here is what one source says:

It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the United States would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages. The plan deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.[8][9] Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua.[10][11]

this was all swept under the rug by a republican congress,and anyone who had been used as a Scapegoat was pardoned by King George the First in the last days of his presidency
It's 2014, you know.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Here again....let's be realistic. He came into enemy hand under questionable conditions. Abandoning his post? Leaving a note? Who leaves a note if he is abducted. He appears to have sympathized with the enemy.
Now...for his release....Our President took it upon himself to negotiate with known terrorists. When in our history has America EVER done that? Now terrorists know that they can abduct American citizens to gain what they want. No one is safe.

Well, we first started negotiating with terrorists back when Washington, Adams and Jefferson were presidents. Each negotiated with the Barbary pirates. Ronald Reagan certainly negotiated with terrorists in the Iranian hostage crisis, and what about Iran- Contra? GW Bush paid a ransom to a radical Islamist group to free a missionary couple held in the Philippines, except the man was killed, after we paid the ransom.

We (the Bush administration) declared war on the Taliban in 2001. The men being held were prisoners of war, without charges being brought against them. Only one of the five (Noori) was an actual 'bad guy', and we couldn't bring him to trial, because we tortured him.

I'm pretty sure 'terrorists' know that kidnapping is something they can attempt, as well as outright murder.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
oov061014a.png

roadrunner2012

Troll
If he's a decorated soldier, I would assume he can read a map before he wanders into a foreign country that doesn't allow firearms?

How about we release all of the POW's from the drug wars, while we're at it?

Necropostophiliac

Don't disagree but then I also don't consider Matthews left. Not unlike Hillary, both are a versions of Neo-Con lite.
Sigh... If he and MSNBC is not of the left....... What are the left side of the media?

I do not go to FOX often for their hypocrisy. "We are Conservative" and have the original American values of our fore-fathers, but they have links to the latest stars that have women of fame who dress provocatively. Help me with what is a conservative.

But Mr. Tingles, who backed this President, for many years speaking out blindly with all is well with what he (OBAMA) does, now has with open criticism of all the goings on of this "EXCHANGE" Speaks Volumes.

The Emperor has no clothes!! Finally.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Sigh... If he and MSNBC is not of the left....... What are the left side of the media?

I do not go to FOX often for their hypocrisy. "We are Conservative" and have the original American values of our fore-fathers, but they have links to the latest stars that have women of fame who dress provocatively. Help me with what is a conservative.

But Mr. Tingles, who backed this President, for many years speaking out blindly with all is well with what he (OBAMA) does, now has with open criticism of all the goings on of this "EXCHANGE" Speaks Volumes.

The Emperor has no clothes!! Finally.

I can't think of one 'Lefty' who likes Tweety. He is a Hillary neo-con, just as wkmac said. I can't believe I'm agreeing with wkmac, a broken clock...

bbsam

Staff member
Let's be realistic. There never will be an end to this war as long as there are extremists involved. They hate America and everything that we stand for. They will do all in their power to alleviate the American threat to them.
As for Bergdahl.
Here again....let's be realistic. He came into enemy hand under questionable conditions. Abandoning his post? Leaving a note? Who leaves a note if he is abducted. He appears to have sympathized with the enemy.
negotiating with terrorists...hmmmm. Iran-Contra? The formation of the Taliban itself? Probably do it all the time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I am MORE than a little amused over the shrill bleatings from the Republicans about "Negotiating with terrorists' as had this soldier died and it came to light that thru negotiations he could have been saved The Righteous Indignation from the Republicans would be on Faux News 24/7,calling for President Obama's head.
Would have liked these same Republicans to have had ripped on the Reagan Administration after the Iran Contra fiasco.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Back in April, 2002, President Bush gave a speech saying that “No nation can negotiate with terrorists, for there is no way to make peace with those whose only goal is death.” It was a strong, clear statement said with one side of his mouth, while the other side of his mouth was doing just that – negotiating with terrorists.
In May, 2001, the Al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group Abu Sayyaf kidnapped Martin andGracia Burnham, a Christian missionary couple living in the Philippines. While Bush was out in the Rose Garden making his tough-sounding speech, his administration was negotiating a ransom payment to retrieve them. They arranged an indirect payment of $300,000 to the terrorist network in exchange for the couple – which, by today’s standards should have had Oliver North and the rest of the Republicans up in arms — yet, the ones who screech the loudest now were the quietest then. To make matters worse, the trade failed: Abu Sayyaf refused to release the Burnhams, and Martin was killed when the Filipino police raided the encampment. Gracia survived and moved back to the U.S. with her children

Can you imagine what might have happened if Obama had failed to bring Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home? If he had paid the ransom, but the trade went sideways and Bergdahl was killed? The Right-wing has lost its mind now, even with Bergdahl alive. Had things gone differently, they’d be screaming for Obama’s blood because he “killed an American POW” in a “botched rescue attempt.”

Bush isn’t the first Republican “hero” to do this, either. Their patron saint, Ronald Reagan, also said that we’d never trade weapons for hostages, while he was trading weapons for hostages.

av8torntn

The way that some of the most bitter leftists are coming out of the woodowork I guess we can assume this trade didn't go over with the American public the way they thought that it would.