Using DIAD for COD's

Drifta

I recently started filling in on the counter and they kind of just threw me into it. I still have a little trouble doing cod's on the diad. Wondering if anyone knew it step by step. any help would be great!

oldngray

nowhere special
I always got upset over the fact that when you scan a COD barcode a prompt screen would pop up where you had to manually enter the amount. With all of the money UPS spends on technology you would think they would have the amount embedded in the barcode (or linked to data from when it was shipped).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always got upset over the fact that when you scan a COD barcode a prompt screen would pop up where you had to manually enter the amount. With all of the money UPS spends on technology you would think they would have the amount embedded in the barcode (or linked to data from when it was shipped).

This would work out well for 99% of COD's---the only exception would be those where we also have to collect brokerage fees.

To the OP---what kind of issues are you having?

upschuck

This would work out well for 99% of COD's---the only exception would be those where we also have to collect brokerage fees.

To the OP---what kind of issues are you having?

Brokerage fees already tell you, in board, how much. Should be the same for cods and if cc/mo is only accepted.

Drifta

i know you type in information then "Big arrow down" then scan. but where i do it so little i get a little confused on what to do next. I know this sounds a little dumb but like i said they just threw me in there with it. I know its repetitive for you guys but i didnt know if you all knew it step by step. That would help alot. They need to train me a little on it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you work the customer counter you already know how to "force" the address in to the DIAD. After you scan the 1Z and enter the address you hit big arrow down----the DIAD will then prompt you for the COD amount. Enter that and the form of payment, which is normally check although I think the customer counter is allowed to accept cash for COD's. Have customer sign and complete the delivery.

Mack Grant

Since you work the customer counter you already know how to "force" the address in to the DIAD. After you scan the 1Z and enter the address you hit big arrow down----the DIAD will then prompt you for the COD amount. Enter that and the form of payment, which is normally check although I think the customer counter is allowed to accept cash for COD's. Have customer sign and complete the delivery.
What he said but I'd also like to add that you should always make sure the check has today's date and is made out to the right shipper

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brokerage fees already tell you, in board, how much. Should be the same for cods and if cc/mo is only accepted.
Nope actually had a clerk with this issue recently at my center. There was a brokerage fee and he didn't know how to enter it manually I had to show him.

upschuck

Nope actually had a clerk with this issue recently at my center. There was a brokerage fee and he didn't know how to enter it manually I had to show him.
I was referring to the brokerage amounts already being in board, and not the actual entering into board. They can put those in an alert, they can put cods in alert too; they could have it in the proper field without too much programming. Would help on the ones that are smeared/rubbed out that you cannot read.

QKRSTKR

The date on the check is irrelevant as it will be cashed upon receipt. UPS does not hold post-dated checks.
But will the bank cash them?

If you get a check while you are in cod screen there should be a check button. If amount is exact you can press check, the amount pops up hit enter. Big arrow up, sign and drive. If the Diad doesn't prompt u for some reason, the is a soft key that says cod.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, the bank will cash them.

I pay HOA fees and had put my check dated for the 1st of the following month in the collection bin a few weeks early. The treasurer emptied the bin early and cashed all of the checks 10 days before that date. I was not a happy camper.