Vacation Hours taken away.

At our Airhub center in columbia sc, they have taken away some of our vacation hours, like 3 weeks ago, i had like 34 vacation hours, then just last week , they cut it back to 24, has this happen anywhere else.

Upsdriver88

At our Airhub center in columbia sc, they have taken away some of our vacation hours, like 3 weeks ago, i had like 34 vacation hours, then just last week , they cut it back to 24, has this happen anywhere else.

File a grievence under Article 54. This seems to be a problem at Columbia ground hub as well. No excuse for it, you should not be losing any paid time off for any reason.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Could it be your sup giving you vacation days instead of RLO's? Its been known to happen, which is also not right.

UPSGUY72

I betting that it's what 705 says they ask you if you wan the day off and you say yes then they use what ever you have left for time. If they ask you if you want the day off they should be asking you if you would like to use a day or just have it off. I always say just off

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I betting that it's what 705 says they ask you if you wan the day off and you say yes then they use what ever you have left for time. If they ask you if you want the day off they should be asking you if you would like to use a day or just have it off. I always say just off

I have an issue with that. I have always felt that if you have days left to take that you should have to use those days before you can take "dead" days. I have had instances in the past where I have wanted to take a day off (and still had days to take) only to be told that there were already drivers scheduled off and then find out that one of those did not have any days left.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have an issue with that. I have always felt that if you have days left to take that you should have to use those days before you can take "dead" days. I have had instances in the past where I have wanted to take a day off (and still had days to take) only to be told that there were already drivers scheduled off and then find out that one of those did not have any days left.
If those drivers do not have days left, their senioirty is useless. They can only bump you if they have time to use, if not its an RLO and even the bottom junior driver can burn a day before them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If those drivers do not have days left, their senioirty is useless. They can only bump you if they have time to use, if not its an RLO and even the bottom junior driver can burn a day before them.

We don't use seniority here for days off--it is first come, first served. We simply go to our on-car with our request, he pulls out the calendar and writes your name in, provided that there are fewer than the maximum that they will allow off already scheduled and that there is a casual with area knowledge not already scheduled.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Im pretty sure your contract speaks on senioirty the same as mine. Now if you agree to do it outside of what the contract says, which it seems your center has, thats a side agreement. Not to jump on you here, but you cant complain about not getting the day off if yournot honoring he contract on how to get a day off.

Can anyone tell I quit smoking? Tomoorow 2 weeks without a smoke, grumby, tired, and jonsing, but I am done with that nasty habit!

DazedandConfused

Can anyone tell I quit smoking? Tomoorow 2 weeks without a smoke, grumby, tired, and jonsing, but I am done with that nasty habit![/QUOTE]

I am trying my best to do the same. Congrats to you!!!!!!!!! Stay strong!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
All you quitters, keep up the good work. I smoked for 48 years and if I can quit, anyone can. (Quit 9-12-08)

Well i guess my thread got hijacked from smokers, ive smoked since i was 14 and still smoke. Everytime i want to quit , i get coupons in the mail to save on cartons or packs. Here in SC we have the lowest cig tax in the nation. Just paid 20.49 for a carton of the new Marlboro special Blend. Had a 4 dollar off coupon, but still a good deal on them , 23.49 a carton + tax without coupon! Gotta love all those Chemicals they spray on cigs eh...:devil3:

trickpony1

Well i guess my thread got hijacked from smokers, ive smoked since i was 14 and still smoke. Everytime i want to quit , i get coupons in the mail to save on cartons or packs. Here in SC we have the lowest cig tax in the nation. Just paid 20.49 for a carton of the new Marlboro special Blend. Had a 4 dollar off coupon, but still a good deal on them , 23.49 a carton + tax without coupon! Gotta love all those Chemicals they spray on cigs eh...:devil3:

Have fun giving your money to a corporation that doesn't give a damn about you.

Have fun giving your money to a corporation that doesn't give a damn about you.

How about let Hoffa know to put Weed on the next Contract!! We all know he is getting a cut back on those states that its legal!! After all the teamster make money , rather its legal or not!!!!