Vacation question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PHSKSU, Aug 3, 2012.

PHSKSU New Member

I am confused as to when I'm exactly taking my vacation. I am told it is the week ending Sept. 15th. Does that mean it starts that day all the way through Sept. 22nd? Or would it be the previous week starting the 8th? Thanks for any help!
  2. clarnzz

clarnzz Member

Starting the 8th, enjoy. I'm off the following week. My first post May vacation since becoming a driver!

PHSKSU New Member

Thanks for the clarification. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and I've heard both ways and it really got me confused. Congrats on becoming a driver!
  4. clarnzz

clarnzz Member

Is always week ending when they talk vaca. I've actually been a driver for a while now, not sure I should be congratulated though. :)
  5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

I got 5 checks this week.
    And I'm happy.
  6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Week ending means week ending. so your week ends the 15th. pretty cut and dry.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Think back to when you first started---was it so "cut and dry" then? I can recall being confused over that the first time I chose my vacations.
  8. texan

texan Well-Known Member

After umpteen years, I still got to ponder it for a few minutes. :sad2:

I always go to the calander and stare for a few to figure it out.
  9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

why dont you ask someone in your building? what do you work by yoursefl??? people wake up
  10. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

It usually is for anyone who has basic grasp of the English language.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

well den I gess dat maks me a morin.
  12. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Yep !
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Plus, you might get your vacation check a couple of weeks early. We get ours 2 weeks early.
  14. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

My next week off is the week ending Nov 24.
  15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

As I said week ending means week ending. If they told me I was on vacation the week ending 8/18 I certainly wasn't going to think that I started vacation on 8/19.

But every year my wife ask me when my vacations are and I tell her, "It's the week ending 8/18" and she replies, "Is that the 11th-18th or 18th-25th?" So yes, I guess not everyone gets it. (She's a natural blonde)
  16. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Go easy on the guy. Yep, week ending is week ending, but I still scratch my head wondering exactly when my vacation check will hit the bank.

They just had to go to two weeks before, didn't they?

Nothing here makes much sense, and i'm sure that's the way they want it.