Vacations

Automaton

Nope my part time supervisor told me when it was time to fill out the vacation selection sheet to put down 5 different dates. So I did and got 3 of them approved
That probably just means the two you didn't get approved were already blocked out by other workers, not that you qualify for three weeks off.

Up In Smoke

Central language guarantees you one week paid vacation after a full years service. Central language also guarantees all vacation selections for every classification will start on November 15th and conclude on December 15th. Your local rider most likely lays out the seniority requirements and selection rules. Check your union board for the selection rules and additional local guarantees. Our local has guaranteed an additional weeks vacation for employees with one year of service (2 total). Your steward should have been working with management when compiling and completing the vacation schedule. So, that person should also be involved in getting your answers.

Angler87!

That probably just means the two you didn't get approved were already blocked out by other workers, not that you qualify for three weeks off.
Correct the two that were blocked out I didn’t have the seniority it . And then I asked my part time supervisor so the 3 that aren’t blocked out I get he said yes.

Yolo

You will earn another week vacation once you hit 2 years. I'm assuming you will have your 2 year anniversary before the end of the calendar year.

So 2 weeks vacation plus 1 option week equals 3 weeks. The option week would be paid at 25 hours and the vacation weeks at 20.

Up In Smoke

Correct the two that were blocked out I didn’t have the seniority it . And then I asked my part time supervisor so the 3 that aren’t blocked out I get he said yes.
I've said it before, get it in writing because the company can grant more than what's contractually guaranteed.

Angler87!

You will earn another week vacation once you hit 2 years. I'm assuming you will have your 2 year anniversary before the end of the calendar year.

So 2 weeks vacation plus 1 option week equals 3 weeks. The option week would be paid at 25 hours and the vacation weeks at 20.
I haven’t even hit 1 year till august

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

It’s different everywhere. Here new pt hub rats get 2 weeks of vacation right off the bat . When I started it was 1 week

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah. Something ain’t right. Since he’s new and got vacation schedule last (or close to it) there should’ve only been a few weeks left open to choose from. Weird.
Not sure about other places but here they start at top and go to the bottom of the list. Odd, right? When it's your turn you choose whatever is left. You don't turn in a bunch of choices and hope to get them.

Up In Smoke

I wrote the 3 dates down
What's on the vacation schedule? When you selected your weeks, what kind of paperwork did you fill out and receive back from the company? Is your steward aware of your ongoing situation? Have you checked the Union Board for vacation rules? My advice would be to stop talking to management and have the union clear it up.

Up In Smoke

Not sure about other places but here they start at top and go to the bottom of the list. Odd, right? When it's your turn you choose whatever is left. You don't turn in a bunch of choices and hope to get them.
Correct, in seniority order by classification. Twenty-five percent of the work force per week for four weeks. Management and the stewards working together to stay on schedule and update the vacation schedule weekly. Before we select the company supplies the stewards with a schedule. That schedule is in seniority order with dates and number of vacations earned by each employee.