What can I do?

Young driver. 5 year seniority and just went FT in package in May. Picked my vacation for October. Week after approached my boss and asked to change if possible ( Next week supposed to be on vacation ) he agrees and writes my name on vacation sheet. Did not receive vacation pay on Friday, and today I approached center manager about it. Later in day get a message from center manager saying my sup ( who's on vacation ) says we never had that conversation when he clearly wrote my name on vacation sheet returning after Labor Day. " There's no way he had you on vacation next week, we're maxed out, you're planned for next week. Your vacation is in October. " Come back to building to see my name crossed off of sheet for next weeks vacation. Not surprised at all with this place. Why would they care about my already paid for vacation.. Anything I can do in this situation?

Forgot to mention. This morning called in and asked for a sup to double check for me that I AM on vacation next week. I got a " yep you're on vacation next week "

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just another post about a lying cheAting manager... Getting really old... Why aren't we hitting them back twice as hard as they are lying to us??? Why is the union taking it so easy on these cheats???

I agree. Called steward ( great guy ) but basically said I might be screwed. To me doesn't seem like he thinks there's anything they can do. Sent picture of my name crossed off.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Young driver. 5 year seniority and just went FT in package in May. Picked my vacation for October. Week after approached my boss and asked to change if possible ( Next week supposed to be on vacation ) he agrees and writes my name on vacation sheet. Did not receive vacation pay on Friday, and today I approached center manager about it. Later in day get a message from center manager saying my sup ( who's on vacation ) says we never had that conversation when he clearly wrote my name on vacation sheet returning after Labor Day. " There's no way he had you on vacation next week, we're maxed out, you're planned for next week. Your vacation is in October. " Come back to building to see my name crossed off of sheet for next weeks vacation. Not surprised at all with this place. Why would they care about my already paid for vacation.. Anything I can do in this situation?
The cheat was probably going to be short people for the week... Don't trust these wantabe thugs... Just don't show up on the week that you originally had scheduled off... They are not suppose to change your vacation pics... If you came to them to try to change a week they would tell you absolutely not..guaranteed!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I agree. Called steward ( great guy ) but basically said I might be screwed. To me doesn't seem like he thinks there's anything they can do. Sent picture of my name crossed off.
You are SOL. If they change your vacation they will have to adjust or at least ask the guys below you who might have wanted that time slot. Picking so far in advance does suck but that's the way it goes.

That's why I'm here. When I returned to building I literally walked in the office saw my name crossed off and chuckled. Surprised? No. But can't help but be furious.

scooby0048

The cheat was probably going to be short people for the week... Don't trust these wantabe thugs... Just don't show up on the week that you originally had scheduled off... They are not suppose to change your vacation pics... If you came to them to try to change a week they would tell you absolutely not..guaranteed!!
The supe didnt change the vacation pick, the OP did...a week after he selected it. At that point, I'd say he is screwed.

I'm at the point where I say :censored2: the 1500$ down the drain. Just gotta laugh. So it's up to them to cross my name off a week before my vacation without me knowing? Lol love this place.

scooby0048

That's why I'm here. When I returned to building I literally walked in the office saw my name crossed off and chuckled. Surprised? No. But can't help but be furious.
As well you should be but now you know what not to do. On a side note, while you are free to pick any avatar you'd like, it is common courtesy not to take another's image. Just an FYI but @HEFFERNAN has had that image for a very long time.

I feel like when he changed my week on paper he never changed it in the system or computer. He says we never had that conversation. Hmmm alright then I wrote my own name in your handwriting.

scooby0048

I'm at the point where I say :censored2: the 1500$ down the drain. Just gotta laugh. So it's up to them to cross my name off a week before my vacation without me knowing? Lol love this place.
Had they cancelled your original pick, you'd have a good case and a good grievance but under the terms you described, not so much. Again, now you know. I feel for ya, you would think that if something came up, they could make adjustments but this is UPS and they could care less about being personal.

By The Book

IMO what happened was your supervisor wrote your name in the vacation book as you were "looking for the week off". That way your happy and you think he's a hero. When your center manager called his supervisor to verify the supervisor told him I didn't promise him that week. This is something that can happen and its best to just let it go and take your regularly scheduled vacation in October.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
you must have been smoking the good stuff if you thought as a new driver you would have off the week before labor day