Veteran Brown Cafe Members Should Encourage New Members More

The only members that cannot be ignored are mods and Cheryl.

Go ahead, try it.

LOL
Custom Imagebb.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I bet you all though you chased me away when I stopped posting for a while. Truth be told, you have to have a thick skin just to be on the internet period. I've lost count on how many times I have been insulted or gotten into heated discussions all over the internet. I've even lost count on the normal discussions as well. I've been on forums, IRC, and various other chat rooms and have seen the same exact things that goes on here go on there. So if I disappear for a while, it has nothing to do with any of you. I'm just focusing on some of my other interests. Also I don't see the point in go running to a moderator over something that was said here. Once I stop being offended, then I'll start worrying. Because then I will know that I'm not living in a free society anymore.
i agree with everything you say except for the last sentence. maybe you are young but we havent lived in a free society for quite sometime.

what scares me the most is that my grown children accept government control over our lives. i tell them stories about the way it used to be in our country and they dont believe me. granted, it has never been a bed of roses but there used to be much more freedom.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i agree with everything you say except for the last sentence. maybe you are young but we havent lived in a free society for quite sometime.

what scares me the most is that my grown children accept government control over our lives. i tell them stories about the way it used to be in our country and they dont believe me. granted, it has never been a bed of roses but there used to be much more freedom.

I think you are mistaking freedom with monitoring/surveillance.

Re-Raise

I do not. I like the peace that the ignore function provides me.

If a noob wants to be treated with respect, the best way to do that is to not lie with their 1st post. "I tried to search, but could not find anything...." Is a big, fat lie. Serious answers are very easy to find here, lying to find it is a good way to get your nose rubbed in it.
Now I feel bad for asking the first person I see working at Home Depot when I walk in where to find something.

"I tried to search, but could not find anything..."

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
But how many of those 10 threads actually answer the question and how many are just people bashing the question?
i get tired of new members asking the same ol questions over and over and many of our best members have answered these questions time and time again till they just have to be sarcastic , witty, humorous, or downright rude.

there is a search function and even a sticky thread for new forum members ( which i never read either ) but every new member thinks their problem or question is unique.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.

I have to partially disagree. It's more like a partially free society. Some of our freedoms are still there for now. But not for long though.

Seeing people just accept this stuff worries me as well.

Holydriver

i've noticed that new members get slammed by old members here on a regular basis thus driving them away. yes, i understand. newbies should have thick skin just as they should working for UPS. however, maybe you should preface your acid comments with a welcome .

maybe new members would stay around longer and participate more.

have to admit i'm guilty sometimes but try to use humor more often than not.

sure , new member questions sometimes sound stupid and their stories of firings, harassment , etc sound redundant to us because they don't use the search function or do a little research.

we need to welcome and encourage new blood more to make these forums more interesting. variety is the spice of life.

let's show some class around here.

getting tired of some of you old birds anyways. ( kidding, kidding, kidding )
one things ive noticed as a newer member of BC is that older members seem to assume a new member here means taht im a new person at UPS. ive been driving for years, but only been on here for months.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
the mods need to be held to the highest standards . when one starts with their bs there should be a way for us to demote them.
Report any post that you see as a mod behaving badly. It is not taken lightly by the administrator of this site. If enough people who are respected members complained, there is the demotion.

On the flip side, i think i can count on my fingers members who have been banned. I will pat myself and the other mods on the back, for our diligence, and fairness to the community.

Cheryl has other work interests, and most of us, still work full time. We do modding to keep it a safe and fun place. But it isnt romper room. As adults we expect you guys and gals to be adults and monitor yourselves.

For the most part, that works.