Volume shortage

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Is anyone else experiencing the proverbial volume shortage? I live in florida where everyone and their third cousin is moving here. Communities, houses, and apartments are going up left and right. Footprints are larger and Thursdays have always been a heavier day here and now routes are being cut. loops 10+ miles away from each other are getting smushed into one almost every day. last 5 weeks they asked who wanted to take the week off.

Just looking to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have lost some larger feeder pickups that have been with ups exclusively for 20+years…I seriously don’t think the company gas about it either…She wants a smaller company with less people and this is a way to get rid of some employees unfortunately.

Last edited:

Zowert

Yeah it’s been pretty light for the last month or so. I used to go out with around 170 stops, I’d get 10+ hours out of it. Now I’m averaging around 130 stops, but I still manage to get 10 hours in simply because I’m covering a wider area. Amazon is all over the place on my route, from vans to package cars, electric vehicles, rentals and box trucks. It’s not uncommon to see two of them delivering on the same street.

I was talking to this Amazon driver that had to be at least 50 years old. He showed me his rabbit thing they use to run routes, this dude was pulling 255 stops. It said 189 stops, 255 locations with 66 “grouped stops”. I asked what that was all about and he just said it’s Amazon’s way of putting more stops on drivers. I was just like Jesus dude that’s a lot of work, they better be paying you well. Anyway, I think Amazon’s DSP thing is the reason volume has been so light, for me at least.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Yeah it’s been pretty light for the last month or so. I used to go out with around 170 stops, I’d get 10+ hours out of it. Now I’m averaging around 130 stops, but I still manage to get 10 hours in simply because I’m covering a wider area. Amazon is all over the place on my route, from vans to package cars, electric vehicles, rentals and box trucks. It’s not uncommon to see two of them delivering on the same street.

I was talking to this Amazon driver that had to be at least 50 years old. He showed me his rabbit thing they use to run routes, this dude was pulling 255 stops. It said 189 stops, 255 locations with 66 “grouped stops”. I asked what that was all about and he just said it’s Amazon’s way of putting more stops on drivers. I was just like Jesus dude that’s a lot of work, they better be paying you well. Anyway, I think Amazon’s DSP thing is the reason volume has been so light, for me at least.
Group stops were the devil. The app lets you group them up and the runners would group the entire street/apartment complex and they’d just throw the packages anywhere or not take pictures so they can finish earlier; and certain DSP’s paid you your full 10 hours if you finished before your 10. Those guys would complain when they would add more stops to the route or they’d go out and “rescue” which meant help another driver. Those same drivers would be the ones doing all that unsafe :censored2: out on the road, leaving the package car/van on, :censored2:, I remember seeing this guy had his cousin driving shotgun helping him deliver when I went to help him out.

JustDeliverIt

They tell us overall volume is down but if someone calls in they have to cut a route Wednesday and Thursday because we don’t have any extras to cover it. Saturday they are begging people to volunteer and trying to force people in and it’s not working.

But what do they expect when people expect to work and they only do 2-3 days a week. People aren’t sticking around for it.

They tell us overall volume is down but if someone calls in they have to cut a route Wednesday and Thursday because we don’t have any extras to cover it. Saturday they are begging people to volunteer and trying to force people in and it’s not working.

But what do they expect when people expect to work and they only do 2-3 days a week. People aren’t sticking around for it.
We already had two younger drivers quit

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

What state are you in?