Volume shortage

FozziesDeliveries

Group stops were the devil. The app lets you group them up and the runners would group the entire street/apartment complex and they’d just throw the packages anywhere or not take pictures so they can finish earlier; and certain DSP’s paid you your full 10 hours if you finished before your 10. Those guys would complain when they would add more stops to the route or they’d go out and “rescue” which meant help another driver. Those same drivers would be the ones doing all that unsafe :censored2: out on the road, leaving the package car/van on, :censored2:, I remember seeing this guy had his cousin driving shotgun helping him deliver when I went to help him out.

Huh..... that sounds alot like the numb nuts who run and gun at ups.....

FozziesDeliveries

They are cutting routes left and right at my center. Thursdays and fridays they have cut bid routes the last couple weeks. Guess what happens? Mass 9.5s. They seem to be doing it to squeeze out as much as possible from us before the new contract. We are a smaller center (40ish drivers) and 2 or so weeks ago we had 10 drivers at 2 9.5s by friday morning. What do they do friday? Cut routes. Idiots....

Dispatch.gif

Cowboy Mac

I’m here in Texas and we got neighborhoods popping up left and right. I think they are cutting routes here because I’ve been heavier and more spread out over a wide area. Oh well more 9.5 money.

Commercial Inside Release

Right now UPS job openings in the USA are down to 667. Only 58 of those jobs are Teamster Jobs.
45 preloader
7 feeder
6 package drivers

The rest are management, some automotive, some facilities, a few info tech.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Huh..... that sounds alot like the numb nuts who run and gun at ups.....
Same :censored2: there except we’re were all basically cover drivers because they would rotate routes after a month or so. They just have no pickups and the weight limit was 50 pounds. We’d also have to load our own package cars/vans. Our dsp contractor even encouraged us to work slower so that the stop count would lower and to follow the work methods since so many people were bitching and getting hurt. If it wasn’t for Amazon management, the invasive cameras, and it being a dead end job I would still be there. I liked delivering especially during the holidays. I weared a Santa hat Christmas Eve, lol.

Johney

Right now UPS job openings in the USA are down to 667. Only 58 of those jobs are Teamster Jobs.
45 preloader
7 feeder
6 package drivers

The rest are management, some automotive, some facilities, a few info tech.
Where did you get that info? I can see the preload jobs but most pc and feeder are filled from within.

Last edited: