W-2 update

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. I can see online statement but not until the report is generated which can be as late as April. Its not the same as W-2 that has a deadline of end of January.

No way you can glean the information that you need from the online statements?

I already have my online mortgage 1098, interest information, charitable contributions and unreimbursed job expenses. I am just waiting for my W-2 to match it against my EOY paystub and will file once the window opens.

oldngray

nowhere special
I can estimate but won't be exact enough for taxes. I don't mind waiting since I will probably owe tax because of investment income. I do NOT have 4.5 million but I do have a few dollars squirreled away.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Will try downloading my W2s this year. I really wish UPS would support importation into tax programs, however. That would save even more time!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Will try downloading my W2s this year. I really wish UPS would support importation into tax programs, however. That would save even more time!

Yes and no. If this is the first year you are doing your own taxes then, yes, it would save time. If you are using last year's return to complete this year's it's a simple matter of updating your W-2 data.

Kae3106

As of this morning the 2013 W-2's are not available on the ADP website. My taxes are done but I am waiting for the W-2 to make sure that it mirrors the figures on my EOY paystub before I file.

I'll let you know when they are. The payroll system closed for final 2013 adjustments on Thursday and the final file was passed to ADP on Friday. Give them a little time to process it...it's a massive file.

Nimnim

The Nim

I'm not sure how much faster it would make it, takes me like 2 minutes to put in my w-2 info. If I had to wait for an importation it'd probably take just as long while they process and junk.

Anyways, I figured the w-2s wouldn't be available for another week. It's not quite halfway through January yet.

Rubber Puckies

I can't seem to even register for ADP. It keeps saying that the information doesn't match. Is it because I was only hired on as a temp and maybe I can't pull it?

FilingBluesFL

Do they still get mailed to us?

They should be, I think that would be part of W-2 compliance, as there are still some of us in the stone-age.

Doesnt matter, the IRS is not going to process any returns, Till after January 31st. Something to do with the goverment shut down,last year.

Nah, they just have a set date that they start processing.

I filed my taxes early last year, and got the same message that the taxes would not be processed until x date.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They should be, I think that would be part of W-2 compliance, as there are still some of us in the stone-age.

Nah, they just have a set date that they start processing.

I filed my taxes early last year, and got the same message that the taxes would not be processed until x date.

Actually he is right----the IRS, due to the shutdown, will not start processing returns until the 31st. I use H&R Block and they will accept e-filed returns, store them in their secure server and forward them to the IRS on the 31st, with refunds to be direct deposited within 21 days.