Walking into a house that looks like a business

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
When I was fairly new on my rte I walked right into an apt. that sure looked like a biz. If I remember correctly, two people inside one lying on a bed the other, in the kitchen. I apologized and they were cool. Hey, in my house right now, all my doors are locked.

Express Courier

I walked into a business on a Saturday that was closed one time. The door was unlocked and I was looking around and no one was there. About 20 seconds later the alarm sounded lol. I left.

tapatio75

I walked into a business on a Saturday that was closed one time. The door was unlocked and I was looking around and no one was there. About 20 seconds later the alarm sounded lol. I left.
That happened to me, but during the week. They paid for an early delivery, theyre still closed and the back door (trough an elevator) was unlocked, so there goes the alarm

12yearsaslave

Couple days ago while doing my route, I walked up to a house that needed a signature for the package. The house is on a street that has a bunch of old houses that are now law offices and real estate branches. So I walk up and start to knock, look inside and it obviously looks like another business office. So the doors unlocked and I go in and wait for someone to get a signature. After standing inside for a minute, I start to look around and start to realize that this isn't a business and that it's a residence. Just as I was about to get back outside, the home owner comes from the upstairs with a complete surprise look on her face. Gotta say, thank god she didn't have a gun or call the cops. I'm pretty sure this would have been a nice talk too in my manager office. Anybody ever done this
Open the door and say "Hello?" loudly. That usually helps.

bacha29

Just the ones that look like he described. I had businesses like that that would have dogs running around, so the owner would catch the dog when heard me. These house/office joints are pretty weird sometimes.
Yep dogs and the owners don't have a nickels worth of liability insurance on them. After being bitten on 2 separate occasions by dogs I went to great lengths to teach the owners the consequences of not having any liability insurance on them. It wasn't pleasant.