Wall Street Journal Today...Not Good

vantexan

Because if you haven't figured it out by now, your 35 hours could be gone in 6 months. Haven't you learned not to trust Fred by now? And I chase nothing. I live life fulfilled.

You are closing in on 9000 posts...are you sure about having a life?:hapydancsmil:

vantexan

Because if you haven't figured it out by now, your 35 hours could be gone in 6 months. Haven't you learned not to trust Fred by now? And I chase nothing. I live life fulfilled.

Why would they get rid of Express? There will still be overnight deliveries. Saturday service. International service. You know, the important stuff Ground isn't allowed to touch. :hesaidsmiley:

bbsam

Staff member
Why would they get rid of Express? There will still be overnight deliveries. Saturday service. International service. You know, the important stuff Ground isn't allowed to touch. :hesaidsmiley:
Could always get soccer moms in minivans to do it part time. Same way Home Delivery started. Yes. You should worry. You people have not even begun to comprehend what is possible.

vantexan

Could always get soccer moms in minivans to do it part time. Same way Home Delivery started. Yes. You should worry. You people have not even begun to comprehend what is possible.

Soccer moms in minivans could deliver Ground? Impressive!

vantexan

Nope. It's how Home Delivery began back when volume was low. And as Express volume decreases (one way or another) consider the possible models.

Did you not read R1a's dissertation on actual employees being required by the FAA to handle air cargo until it arrived at the destination ramp? I've no doubt times are going to be lean, but the apocalyptic vision of some of you folks is even beyond what Memphis is capable of. Wishful thinking...

STFXG

Why not just create a FedEx domestic overnight opco and sub it through the ground system like home delivery? Just get rid of express all together? Just send express volume on a trailer to the airport from ground terminals and make express strictly international? Ground could "purchase" space on local express planes and commercial carriers to haul its overnight volume.

vantexan

Why not just create a FedEx domestic overnight opco and sub it through the ground system like home delivery? Just get rid of express all together? Just send express volume on a trailer to the airport from ground terminals and make express strictly international? Ground could "purchase" space on local express planes and commercial carriers to haul its overnight volume.

See my previous post.

vantexan

P.S. Express delivers 3.5 million pkgs a day. Think how many planes we'd have to contract with to carry the freight.

MaineGroundDriver

Doesn't matter, I'll be retired, you'll still be chasing the pipe dream. And P.S. Why would an Express employee give up paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days, paid sick days, healthcare(such as it is), discounted travel, discounted Express shipping, working 35 hrs delivering small parcels and docs to deliver lots of bulk 50-60 hrs a week for approximately the same pay with no benefits?

Hmm .. I get paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days and paid sick days working as a ground driver. I discount my own travel thanks to knowing what I'm doing. I don't ship things, so who cares about discounted shipping. The only thing I don't have is healthcare.

MaineGroundDriver

I'm pretty sure the important stuff, is the sheer volume that Ground delivers which keeps Fred's food on his plate!

STFXG

See my previous post.

About?

Also, the new ground opco wouldn't need to send everything on planes. Just the overnight volume that's not regional overnight all ready...

vantexan

Hmm .. I get paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days and paid sick days working as a ground driver. I discount my own travel thanks to knowing what I'm doing. I don't ship things, so who cares about discounted shipping. The only thing I don't have is healthcare.

And is that the case of the majority of Ground drivers? Question stands, why would I give all that up to work more hours carrying more bulk for Ground for approx the same pay? By the way, before there was a Ground Express employees drove stepvans and delivered a lot of bulk. Don't gloat, all that weight will take it's toll. Handling that bulk for years on an average Ground driver's pay and lack of benefits is no good deal.

MaineGroundDriver

And is that the case of the majority of Ground drivers? Question stands, why would I give all that up to work more hours carrying more bulk for Ground for approx the same pay? By the way, before there was a Ground Express employees drove stepvans and delivered a lot of bulk. Don't gloat, all that weight will take it's toll. Handling that bulk for years on an average Ground driver's pay and lack of benefits is no good deal.

I know I'm sick in the head, but I LOVE the work .. I have the heaviest loads at my terminal BY CHOICE .. I've lost a lot of weight and am in the best shape of my life .. but again, I'm sick in the head ..