Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You're not missing much...they don't make as much noise as the boxes of crickets...lol. What are those metal thingys that are bent in an arc...heavy as hell....some car suspension (or something) part? Those suck to load....

Yup, leaf springs. Please don't drop them in the cargo area. I hate patching the holes they make.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yup, leaf springs. Please don't drop them in the cargo area. I hate patching the holes they make.
Yes, that's it...couldn't remember the name. Oh no, we never drop them.....much lol. Delivering a bunch of them must be a royal pain in the ass....it's not like they fit on....a dolly!

oldngray

nowhere special

the floors in the newer trucks are way too weak. I dropped a heavy irreg and knocked a hole in my floor. Not to mention all of the little dents from normal wear and tear.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Been there. 60 cases. almost fell over when they asked me to drop one at each class room. Prinicipal was pretty steamed when I,left them all in the very small front office and DRd them when they refused to sign until I did what they asked.

I was thinking about this today and thought, you know what, why not?!? They have individual room numbers so I would record each case of paper as an individual stop assigned to that room. 60 cases + 60 rooms = 60 stops. Prerecord them all and then have them all signed for by the principal. 1 signature for 60 stops, done!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was thinking about this today and thought, you know what, why not?!? They have individual room numbers so I would record each case of paper as an individual stop assigned to that room. 60 cases + 60 rooms = 60 stops. Prerecord them all and then have them all signed for by the principal. 1 signature for 60 stops, done!!!!

True story------10-15 years ago I was on a country run. The company that took the senior pictures at the local school decided to send them individually to the kid's homes rather than collectively to the school. They made the mistake of letting the kids fill out their own address labels. After struggling to get rid of about 10 of those stops I finally gave up and brought them all to the school. We were still on paper so there was no prerecording but I left the remaining stops (36) at the school. When I got back to the bldg the on-cars were debating whether it was 36 stops or just 1. I got credit for the 36 stops.

MethodsMan

True story------10-15 years ago I was on a country run. The company that took the senior pictures at the local school decided to send them individually to the kid's homes rather than collectively to the school. They made the mistake of letting the kids fill out their own address labels. After struggling to get rid of about 10 of those stops I finally gave up and brought them all to the school. We were still on paper so there was no prerecording but I left the remaining stops (36) at the school. When I got back to the bldg the on-cars were debating whether it was 36 stops or just 1. I got credit for the 36 stops.

Neat story, sir.

SmithBarney

Pretty messed up. for one those packages are expensive.. $100. Me and my gf have a bee hive and they have enough trouble staying alive with all of the diseases out there now without some *&&^( beating them up.

I bet you kick dogs too. *******

Just a joke calm down, I'm allergic to bees. But I used to pick up lady bugs, you think bees are expensive?

BTW I don't kick dogs, just babies

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Grass seed in 50lb sacks when they get like 30 of them, window blinds that don't fit the cart in any way, O/70's that are always beat to pizz and in the thinnest cardboard known
to man with no tape and plenty of loose straps, flat screen tvs that won't stay anywhere out of the way, cases of legal paper (just to mess up the stack), axles with brake hardware attached, boat anchors, large farm tractor parts, seven piece sets of patio furniture.

wayfair

swollen member
dog food from amazon...

I love paper..

I've got a few dock stops that never have an open dock, so I gotta dolly up 1/2 flight of stairs..

Lady driver next to me has an asian market on her route, case of dried fish, COD certified funds only.... couldn't do that..

I had a taxidermist on my route that did special buffalo skin work.... boxes were 70 lbs and bloody, guy got pissed because I would n't deliver them... I'd pull those off my truck as soon as I got there..

As far as delivering to multiple classes, if that's how they were playing, I'd make each teacher sign for each classroom..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Those fake wood flooring boxes.....there's always 20 of them...and they all need tape. Huge custom tires with rims...100+ lbs. Car bumpers wrapped in plastic wrap....

rod

Retired 22 years
Those fake wood flooring boxes.....there's always 20 of them...and they all need tape. Huge custom tires with rims...100+ lbs. Car bumpers wrapped in plastic wrap....

We had a car bumper replating business that for many years shipped out 25 to 50 bumpers a day wraped with old newspaper. We had many fights among the guys over who got stuck with that pickup account. I know some of those old Cadillac and Buick bumpers weighed a hundred pounds or more.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a car bumper replating business that for many years shipped out 25 to 50 bumpers a day wraped with old newspaper. We had many fights among the guys over who got stuck with that pickup account. I know some of those old Cadillac and Buick bumpers weighed a hundred pounds or more.
I can imagine....the ones I get aren't even 75 lbs...just huge and awkward....

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a company that stamped bumpers for new cars and they are bigger than those old bumpers but only weigh about half as much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh..forgot one...don't know what they are but I get a few of them a week. Four or five foot long metal bars...the ends always have red grease/lube on them.