Walmart- less Black Friday

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Re: What are you thankful for.................

Ovah you are so right winner winner turkey dinner.
On guns 102......It was at clip 9 minutes on, the barn owner with a henry........not costner. I guess I didnt listen closely enough.

Ballpark ammo prices:

.22---500 rounds for $18-$20
.45 Long Colt--50 rounds for $25-$30. Not available in all stores.
.44 Magnum--50 rounds for $30-$40.
.30-30 Winchester. 20 rounds for $12-$15.

If you dont own other guns and want something fun and easy to shoot, the .22 is by far the best choice. For a person with health issues, the recoil of the larger guns could be painful. The 30-30 is a deer hunting cartridge and will really beat your shoulder up after 10 rounds or so.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I appreciate all the info!!
He says " I got a screw in my shoulder, Ill be fine". LOL
Kills us at the airport every time.
Althought there are several other screw which need tweaked. :smart:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I slept in this morning.

Its raining on and off here, so when the rain stops I go out and piddle around with my Christmas lights. Then when it starts again I come inside by the fire and drink coffee. Maybe later I will take a nap. Christmas shopping? Today? Hell no! If you put $500 in an envelope on a shelf at MalWart and told me all I had to do to get it was to wait in line at 4:00AM until the doors opened, I would tell you exactly where you could go stick that envelope.

over9five

Staff member

Ballpark ammo prices:

.22---500 rounds for $18-$20
.45 Long Colt--50 rounds for $25-$30. Not available in all stores.
.44 Magnum--50 rounds for $30-$40.
.30-30 Winchester. 20 rounds for $12-$15.

If you dont own other guns and want something fun and easy to shoot, the .22 is by far the best choice. For a person with health issues, the recoil of the larger guns could be painful. The 30-30 is a deer hunting cartridge and will really beat your shoulder up after 10 rounds or so.

Sober's right about the ammo prices, but I think it's very important to know for sure what hubby wants. I'd want the .45 long Colt, and would probably be disappointed if someone got me the .22.
A surprise is nice, but...... Maybe you could work it into a normal conversation. "Hey honey, if you owned a Henry, what caliber would it be?"
Too obvious? Probably, but you'd get him what he wants!

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Mega-FAIL: Less Than 50 Walmart Employees Join Union-Backed Walkout…[/h]
walmart-550x309.jpg

Too funny.
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 23, 2012 – Today, Walmart U.S. reported its best ever Black Friday events. The retailer saw larger crowds than last year and a huge response to its first ever one-hour guarantee on key electronic items. [...]
“We had very safe and successful Black Friday events at our stores across the country and heard overwhelmingly positive feedback from our customers,” Simon said.

In response to the UFCW’s planned protests, Simon added, “Only 26 protests occurred at stores last night and many of them did not include any Walmart associates.”

In addition, the company did not experience the walk-offs that were promised by the UFCW. “We estimate that less than 50 associates participated in the protest nationwide. In fact, this year, roughly the same number of associates missed their scheduled shift as last year,” Simon said.

Walmart associates receive a 10 percent discount on general merchandise bought at Walmart stores all year long.

Earlier this holiday season, the company rewarded associates with a special holiday discount of 10 percent off most food items from November 9 to January 1 to help make the holidays for its associates and their families even more special.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Sober's right about the ammo prices, but I think it's very important to know for sure what hubby wants. I'd want the .45 long Colt, and would probably be disappointed if someone got me the .22.
A surprise is nice, but...... Maybe you could work it into a normal conversation. "Hey honey, if you owned a Henry, what caliber would it be?"
Too obvious? Probably, but you'd get him what he wants!
I know he does not want the .22, he wants the 30 30 or whatever its called 30 ot 6
Hes the gun buyer, we have some, but he buys them. Hes taught me to use them if necessary I know how, but really dont have a thing for them.

When we were teens he took me shooting with a revolver and I hit every can every time, so we didnt do that anymore.....
I seriously dont know why he wants one so bad, he wont go hunting. it costs more to shoot a turkey than to buy one, and he dont like the cold, sooo.....but it is what he wants. He asked me what I want, and I said for him to get the Henry he wants. So after Christmas we will go and he will get the right one, and everyone will be happy. One problem off the list.
Now to get coats for my dogs, and new beds, and a few things for the kids and Ill be done. LOL.
The weirdest thing about my grown children, they want for nothing, they buy what they want when they want it, but I get them their favorite shampoos, deodorants, razors, after shaves, a few gift cards, all stuffed in a manly basket, and they swear its the best present ever, as they hate buying that stuff, LOL.
So, since I coupon and get it mostly dirt cheap, thats what they like, thats what they get. It somehow seems cheap, but hey, who am I to judge.

texan

Not sure where to put this, but here it goes....
as I searched Black Friday and this thread came up.

:biting:
Woman Kills Three For Last X-Box at Chicago Wal-Mart

A woman was arrested today for stabbing to death three shoppers at a Chicago-area Wal-Mart
in order to secure the store's last X-Box One.

Mary Robbins, a married mother of two, reportedly wrestled her competitors to the ground before
fatally wounding them with a sharpened Phillips head screwdriver.
http://dailycurrant.com/2013/11/30/woman-kills-three-for-last-x-box-at-chicago-wal-mart/

UnconTROLLed

perfection
From your article, Tex :laughing2:
According to Wal-Mart, America’s largest retailer, the company admits that more than 5,000 shoppers will be killed at their stores this holiday season.

“We include people killed from Thanksgiving to Christmas, so it’s not like they are all dying in one day. Besides, more kids will die making this junk than they do buying it, we see that as a positive,” Wal-Mart spokesman Charlie Hass said.
Here's a recent more verifiable article on Black Friday 2013 ;)
http://business.time.com/2013/12/02...h-15-injuries-attributed-to-big-shopping-day/