We did it Boys!!! (Targay)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are you fine with the sale of books like "Bye Bye, Binary," "Pride 1,2,3" and "I'm not a girl" which target 2 through 8 year olds?
Unfortunately freedom of speech comes at a cost. That’s what parents are for. These books are available at a lot more places than just target.

Box Ox

Fw-5YZ-XgAEKhv1
Are you fine with the sale of books like "Bye Bye, Binary," "Pride 1,2,3" and "I'm not a girl" which target 2 through 8 year olds?
Unfortunately freedom of speech comes at a cost. That’s what parents are for. These books are available at a lot more places than just target.

This isn't a question of freedom of speech. This is about leftists pretending that the right is upset at Target over nothing. "A rainbow" in this case. It's wildly disingenuous. And Target's sale of those books, while not illegal, is wrong. Which is why the right is responding to it with boycotts rather than with the law.

MyTripisCut

This isn't a question of freedom of speech. This is about leftists pretending that the right is upset at Target over nothing. "A rainbow" in this case. It's wildly disingenuous. And Target's sale of those books, while not illegal, is wrong. Which is why the right is responding to it with boycotts rather than with the law.
At its core, it’s a freedom of speech issue. If it were a book targeting 3 year olds on how to better gang members, devout Christians, or how to be gay. So one will always be offended, that’s our society now.

Box Ox

At its core, it’s a freedom of speech issue. If it were a book targeting 3 year olds on how to better gang members, devout Christians, or how to be gay. So one will always be offended, that’s our society now.

How is this a freedom of speech issue if we're not talking about the government going after Target for the books? We're talking about a Target boycott.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, I am. Don't buy them if you don't want one. 2-8 year olds don't buy books BTW....their parents do. All of you are butt hurt over this when there's a very simple solution. I wouldn't buy the book either. "Problem" solved, but please do not squander this opportunity for outrage. I get triggered whenever I see a Joel Osteen book or God books for kids, but I don't demand they be removed from the store.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How is this a freedom of speech issue if we're not talking about the government going after Target for the books? We're talking about a Target boycott.
I don't usually shop at Target, but just for trying I'll give them my business. See how it works? Maybe they have a special on Conservative Repellent for Memorial Day.

MyTripisCut

I’m calling it that because if the people boycotting had their way, they would have these books banned.

bbsam

Staff member
I shopped in Target today. Picked up some new AirPods. Didn’t think once about whether trans clothes were being sold in any department. In fact that thought has never come to my mind in any store I’ve been in. Then again, I don’t know if they sell feminine hygiene or the morning after pill. It’s almost like I don’t care what other people are buying. Not sure why that’s such a difficult position for folks to adopt for themselves.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't need to. The bulge under the skirt is half the fun. Like finding a secret treasure you didn't know was there or getting two prizes in a quarter machine.
You should at least let the fellas you take home from the bar have a fantasy before tea bagging them into the wee morning hours.