Weasel Worship

OUMick

If things are really that bad, get your ass to a trade school and develop a skill other than driving. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems. You agreed to do the job for a certain amount of money. Do it or don't but there is no need cry like a bunch of babies. You're adults do something about it.

Plumbers, electricians, welders and HVAC guys are in high demand. Boeing in Charleston had a hard time filling jobs due to lack of people with any skills.

vantexan

If things are really that bad, get your ass to a trade school and develop a skill other than driving. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems. You agreed to do the job for a certain amount of money. Do it or don't but there is no need cry like a bunch of babies. You're adults do something about it.

Plumbers, electricians, welders and HVAC guys are in high demand. Boeing in Charleston had a hard time filling jobs due to lack of people with any skills.
Yes, you're right. When a company tells you year over year that you'll get X amount in your pension, then terminates that pension, not because they're in trouble, but because they want to increase profits to enrich themselves, it's all our fault. When a company puts you out in all kinds of weather, some very hazardous, expects you to be very flexible with your time, tells you you'll get to better money soon but never delivers, it's all our fault. Companies are never at fault. They bear absolutely no responsibility to be fair and honest. Get with the program people! Only people who lie, cheat, steal, and exploit deserve a decent income. The rest of us deserve what we get! We're just here to serve them and we'd better like it! And so we're clear, I, for one, would be content with pay in the $50k range as long as it doesn't take 30 years to get to it. Some of us actually like courier work, aren't interested in the work you cite or relocating to where it's available. To say we shouldn't complain here when they've given us so many reasons to complain is silly. And finally, how would your wonderful companies operate if everyone ran off to be a plumber, etc? And, supply and demand, if everyone became a plumber, welder, etc wages would go down as we'd all be a dime a dozen. We just can't win, and it's all our fault.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ok what do they feel they should make? Please give me an exact number. Many have said they are under paid. Until we have our number you provide, we'll use my $100k.
What kind of hours are you even basing this on? How much O.T?

OUMick

Yes, you're right. When a company tells you year over year that you'll get X amount in your pension, then terminates that pension, not because they're in trouble, but because they want to increase profits to enrich themselves, it's all our fault. When a company puts you out in all kinds of weather, some very hazardous, expects you to be very flexible with your time, tells you you'll get to better money soon but never delivers, it's all our fault. Companies are never at fault. They bear absolutely no responsibility to be fair and honest. Get with the program people! Only people who lie, cheat, steal, and exploit deserve a decent income. The rest of us deserve what we get! We're just here to serve them and we'd better like it! And so we're clear, I, for one, would be content with pay in the $50k range as long as it doesn't take 30 years to get to it. Some of us actually like courier work, aren't interested in the work you cite or relocating to where it's available. To say we shouldn't complain here when they've given us so many reasons to complain is silly. And finally, how would your wonderful companies operate if everyone ran off to be a plumber, etc? And, supply and demand, if everyone became a plumber, welder, etc wages would go down as we'd all be a dime a dozen. We just can't win, and it's all our fault.

So your solution is to stay? Well that's taking the bull by the horns. If it's the best you can get where you want to live, no reason to bitch. Make yourself marketable. I want to be a professional TV watcher but the pay sucks so I choose to do something else. You can blame everyone else but in the end it's comes down to your decision to stay there. I'm really not interested in the work I do. In fact, I hate it but I chose to collect the check it provides. I used to do a job I liked much more but guess what I worked at a large corporation and they "took advantage" of me. I didn't go online and bash the company that made a job available I agreed to do for an agreed to wage. I quit and did something else. So in closing, yes it is your fault. Get out and change your circumstances. If you can't stomach the change, then stop whining.

OUMick

What kind of hours are you even basing this on? How much O.T?

Ok. We'll say 50k. Does that make it better? Fact of the matter is if they made 50k they would want 55k. If it was worth 50 or 100 200k per year, it would pay that. The market commands a price. That's the way it works. When/if the economy picks up the wages will go up.

Purplepackage

If you don't make 50k a year I assume your one of this stuck in the middle guys who's been with the company for 10 years. That's truly where this company started getting such a bad name.

When I started here you topped out in 5 years and not long after they switched it to what ever it is now.

Cactus

Ok. We'll say 50k. Does that make it better? Fact of the matter is if they made 50k they would want 55k. If it was worth 50 or 100 200k per year, it would pay that. The market commands a price. That's the way it works. When/if the economy picks up the wages will go up.
Management troll.

Cactus

Let's say jobs became more plentiful, that is no guarantee FedEx would start paying hire wages. Smith is too cheap and stubborn especially since they've gotten away with screwing people for years, especially mid-range employees.

Of course employees would WANT more money. Why wouldn't they?

OUMick

Let's say jobs became more plentiful, that is no guarantee FedEx would start paying hire wages. Smith is too cheap and stubborn especially since they've gotten away with screwing people for years, especially mid-range employees.

As the poster I quoted above said, supply and demand. If there is nobody there to deliver the packages, they will have to pay enough to entice them come deliver the packages. If it doesn't, then nobody should have been making more than their current wage to begin with. Which means they aren't underpaid.

vantexan

So your solution is to stay? Well that's taking the bull by the horns. If it's the best you can get where you want to live, no reason to bitch. Make yourself marketable. I want to be a professional TV watcher but the pay sucks so I choose to do something else. You can blame everyone else but in the end it's comes down to your decision to stay there. I'm really not interested in the work I do. In fact, I hate it but I chose to collect the check it provides. I used to do a job I liked much more but guess what I worked at a large corporation and they "took advantage" of me. I didn't go online and bash the company that made a job available I agreed to do for an agreed to wage. I quit and did something else. So in closing, yes it is your fault. Get out and change your circumstances. If you can't stomach the change, then stop whining.
I went to work for a company that promised good wages and a decent pension. Instead I got lies. Apparently in your book it's ok to lure us in, our fault for thinking they were a great company to work for. Doesn't matter, their chickens are coming home to roost. Enough people now know about the B.S., and they're having to start paying better. Too little too late for many of us, but it does put a smile on my face. You want loyalty for being hired? Then treat employees right.

OUMick

I went to work for a company that promised good wages and a decent pension. Instead I got lies. Apparently in your book it's ok to lure us in, our fault for thinking they were a great company to work for. Doesn't matter, their chickens are coming home to roost. Enough people now know about the B.S., and they're having to start paying better. Too little too late for many of us, but it does put a smile on my face. You want loyalty for being hired? Then treat employees right.

I'm not saying they deserve loyalty if they don't deliver on promises. I'm saying quit and go somewhere else.

Cactus

As the poster I quoted above said, supply and demand. If there is nobody there to deliver the packages, they will have to pay enough to entice them come deliver the packages. If it doesn't, then nobody should have been making more than their current wage to begin with. Which means they aren't underpaid.
:bsbullf:

OUMick

Well if their skills are in such demand they deserve more money there must be someone willing to pay more. Go get there and deliver packages. If they are not, then I stand by my statement. Why should Fedex pay more than they have to? Do you pay 10% extra at Walmart when you shop there just to be fair?

vantexan

If you don't make 50k a year I assume your one of this stuck in the middle guys who's been with the company for 10 years. That's truly where this company started getting such a bad name.

When I started here you topped out in 5 years and not long after they switched it to what ever it is now.
I made the mistake of quitting as a topped out employee in '97 after 11+ years, and got rehired in late '98. I came back for the pension more than anything, and FedEx should have honored the commitment they made to those hired under the traditional pension. Nothing matters more to FedEx than the collusion they have with Wall Street, and they've run all over us to cash in those stock options. The most I've ever made in a year was $48k, and worked 6 days a week most of that year to do that. What rankles me is after holding us down for so long they're making couriers who've already worked many years at low pay have to work many more to top out while newhires will do it in 10. I quit again in 2013, rehired in 2014, but I'm too old now to worry about topping out myself. Just tired of the B.S..

Cactus

Well if their skills are in such demand they deserve more money there must be someone willing to pay more. Go get there and deliver packages. If they are not, then I stand by my statement. Why should Fedex pay more than they have to? Do you pay 10% extra at Walmart when you shop there just be fair?
That's not even comparing spples to apples.

I think you're conviently forgetting that the hourly help has made the company very sucessful while Memphis chooses to sweep that fact under the rug. That said then yes employees are justified to ask for better wages whether you like it or not.

Last edited: