Weasel Worship

OUMick

Van, why are you wasting your time on that clown? He is obviously either brainwashed management or one who is bleeding purple. One that Fedex hasn't screwed over....yet. Every dog has its day, especially at Fedex. Some just take longer to get theirs.

Where have I lied?
If you mean a market is truly free only when employers can do whatever they please, then no. But nothing in life is free, don't you agree?

Right now the market they are operating in is pretty close to a free market.

OUMick

I am not affiliated with Fedex in any way. I came to this site to investigate buying routes a while ago. It just amazes all the bitching and moaning. If it's so bad, just move on. If there is nothing better by definition, then it isn't that bad for you.

vantexan

Look, I'm not trying to insult you but it's an unskilled labor job. You can't expect to make the money of skilled laborer. Why should they pay a person that has been there 10 years 5k more than someone who has been there 1 year. They both do the same job.
Exactly, and we've had to work many years next to people making $10k-$17k more than us for no other reason than they got here first. Great for them, but we've been expected to do without. As for unskilled labor, FedEx has gone through over a million employees since it's inception. Those who've stuck with it have saved them money with their experience and dedication. It costs them real money to constantly hire. And there's plenty to this job besides walking a letter through a door. Granted they've simplified it a bit to match the quality of many of the newhires, but I've driven in blizzards and tropical storms and 120 degree heat. I've worked sick and hurt. I've spent many Christmas seasons away from my family. This isn't a typical job and the demands are great. Truth is the near economic collapse in 2008 put a lot of people out of work and Fedex has taken full advantage of it. But even desperate people don't stick around when they realize they're being lied to and screwed over. We're complaining? They deserve it.

OUMick

Exactly, and we've had to work many years next to people making $10k-$17k more than us for no other reason than they got here first. Great for them, but we've been expected to do without. As for unskilled labor, FedEx has gone through over a million employees since it's inception. Those who've stuck with it have saved them money with their experience and dedication. It costs them real money to constantly hire. And there's plenty to this job besides walking a letter through a door. Granted they've simplified it a bit to match the quality of many of the newhires, but I've driven in blizzards and tropical storms and 120 degree heat. I've worked sick and hurt. I've spent many Christmas seasons away from my family. This isn't a typical job and the demands are great. Truth is the near economic collapse in 2008 put a lot of people out of work and Fedex has taken full advantage of it. But even desperate people don't stick around when they realize they're being lied to and screwed over. We're complaining? They deserve it.

So like I said move on and find something else.

OUMick

What I'm saying is if you can't find better then it's as good as you can do. Why complain about Fedex when there isn't anything better offered.

OUMick

RFLMAO! The real world slaps me in the face EVERY day.

Just what we need, someone who knows NOTHING about FedEx telling us how we should feel and what we should do. Bless your heart.

Well if it's so much better away from Fedex why aren't you there? Give me a good answer and I'll shut up.